Stealin' · Jerry Garcia & David Grisman, '96

Stealin' · Johnny Young, '66

The Yardbirds - Stealing Stealing, '67

Arlo Guthrie - Stealin', '69

Taj Mahal - Stealin', '71

Stealin' · David Bromberg, '77

James Cotton - Stealin', stealin, '04

6 hours ago, Iving said:

This is really Ace and has gone on my personal "wants" list. More than a passing resemblance to Robert Cray ...

Agree about the stylistic resemblance. That style is just not my cuppa, but Cray is certainly a fine musician.

6 hours ago, Iving said:

imho Dylan "went wrong" after 'Oh Mercy' 1989  / 'Under The Red Sky' 1990 ...

I honestly don't have a clue.  And when I listened to Dylan's World Gone Wrong, I listened to each original and sometimes another cover. I do really feel that his arrangement and performance of "Delia" breathes life into the song. On the other hand, I preferred the Mississippi Shieks original version of "World Gone Wrong", but I still appreciate what he did with it and it might grow on me.

Here's a helpful playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSOKhDFcCAJUzp0hMgw6PmQoU_cun6fLC

9 hours ago, Iving said:

This is really Ace and has gone on my personal "wants" list. More than a passing resemblance to Robert Cray ...

Glad to hear.   I thought the lyrics is well written.

A few weeks ago I was watching an old French movie "Une Nuit" (2012, with Roschdy Zern) and thought of this video clip and the music.  

14 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Agree about the stylistic resemblance. That style is just not my cuppa, but Cray is certainly a fine musician.

I honestly don't have a clue.  And when I listened to Dylan's World Gone Wrong, I listened to each original and sometimes another cover. I do really feel that his arrangement and performance of "Delia" breathes life into the song. On the other hand, I preferred the Mississippi Shieks original version of "World Gone Wrong", but I still appreciate what he did with it and it might grow on me.

Here's a helpful playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSOKhDFcCAJUzp0hMgw6PmQoU_cun6fLC

Perhaps you are more a Blues fundamentalist than I. I have a dreadful music appreciation temperament. I'm a rhythm/pace fiend. If it ain't got swing it don't mean a thing". 😜