I will miss him.  Whether or not he and I would agree/disagree -- I really did like him.   In fact, his opinion was so important to me, because I liked him so very much (Even though might sometimes vehemently disagree.)   Sad sad day.   It was very important to see that he was posting, and wondered why he seemed to back off.   It was right after a disagreement, and I had a lingering fear that I had hurt his feelings. 

This is one reason why kindness is so important, and we should be so very careful to keep that idea of respect and caring in the backs of our minds.   In the past, I had called him back (private email) to let him know all is okay.  Sadly, because of my own involvement and focus in my own matters (not all self-involvement, but partially so), didn't do so this time. My own Mom had a health scare over the last few days (in fact, two scares), so I always feel *that* risk.  Alex having to leave us really hurts.

Alex -- I will REALLY miss you...

OH man, we have had some great discussions. He will be missed.

RIP!

Current:  JRiver 26 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an AMD A10-5700 with 8 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Amplification - Audio Research SP-16 > Pioneer M-22 - Bow Technologies Wazoo Integrated (great amp - silly name)

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage - KEF LS50 - Revel M126Be - others......

Cables: Tara Labs RCS Reference speaker cables and DiMarzio Interconnects

Thanks Chris. Really sad to hear this. I had some wonder conversations with Alex, both openly on the forum and in PMs. I'll really miss his enthusiasm for sharing his pursuit of good sound, come what may.

It's good to hear that he passed away peacefully. RIP Alex.

Mani.

Phasure Mach III audio PC -> HQPlayer/XXHighEnd @24/705.6 -> Phasure NOS1 DAC -> First Watt F5-cloned mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers

What a shock! He only just sent me some files to look at ... 😧.

As he has been for just about everyone, one moment you thought he was on your side; and then he would call, BS!, on the next post - yes, he was intensely motivated about audio, and it's good that such people are around.

Rest peacefully, dear Alex - may they have the best quality, hi res upstairs, 😉 ...

Frank

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

Over and out.

11 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Oh, this is VERY sad news!  

Alex had a kind heart and was (obviously) passionate about audio and music for many decades.

He loved to stir the pot, would send unsolicited private messages to many of us here, but I was most always in good fun.

I think one of the Davids here on AS--@Audiophile Neuroscience IIRC--was nearby and good friends with Alex and his family. I do not recall his age, but from his wisdom and his wit it seemed he lived a long and full life.

R.I.P.

--Alex C.

(guess I can begin dropping the C. from my signature as the confusion versus the down-under Alex will no longer be)

:( 

Alex's age...   I have in my email history somewhere -- too many to read.  All I remember is that he was a few years older than my Mom, and she is 85.

I will really miss him.

OMG this is very sad news. My condolences.

i tuned the music of for a minute.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Raal SR1a

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Raal SR1a

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

He was very kind to me.  I am sad to see this news.  RIP friend.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Heartbreaking news.  I’m going to miss his contributions.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Chord Hugo TT2 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps