IGNORED

HDPlex 400watt DC ATX help!

I think I killed it.

Got everything plugged in to my new server using HDPlex 300W LPS. Good to go (or so I thought) I turned on the server. Got a blue front panel light but nothing through to the monitor. It's silent so hard to tell what's going on. I did note that there was an amber LED at D12 I turned everything off and rechecked.

Damnit. I found the voltage setting for AC power was set for 220volts. Flipped it to 120 and tried again. Now I have a blue LED at D12. I don't know what the blue LED denotes. Looking at the online documentation it shows 4 LEDs on the HDPlex ATX. None of those are lit. And I get no bootup screen. 

Also noted that when the server is powered down, blue light turns amber.

Waited for a long time to F this up.

So ask HDPlex - they are nice people and I have found them helpful in the past.

Nearfield Desk System: PC with JRiver MC > Sonore microRendu > Schiit Gungnir USB DAC > 6AH4 Linestage > 6CB5A Amp  >Dave's Cables > Omega Super 3 Desktop Speakers on 1-3/4" Maple Butcher Block Table

My "Living Room" System: Sony HAP-Z1ES Player, 2 Pass Labs XA60.5 (Mids/Lows), Pass Labs XA30.5 Amp (Highs), First Watt B4 & B5 Crossovers, Nuforce MCP-18 Preamp, Oppo BDP-103D Video Player, Parasound 275v2 Amp (Center), Parasound 275v2 Amp (SL, SR) Paradigm 90P Full Range Speakers with Powered Subwoofers, Paradigm CC Center Channel, Paradigm Mini Monitor Surrounds, Sony KDL46XBR9 Monitor

2 hours ago, JMotzi said:

So ask HDPlex - they are nice people and I have found them helpful in the past.

Yes they are nice people. Unfortunately, they have not been able to find a problem. They have asked me to try a standard ATX power supply to see if its a problem with my brand new motherboard. Normally, I would have a few in my spare parts bin, but the bin is in another state.

42 minutes ago, sledwards said:

Check where you have the 8-pin ATX connector plugged in on your mobo.  I mistakingly had it plugged into the wrong place when I installed the same HDPlex 400.

Steve

All connections have been checked multiple times. It was a logical thought, thanks Steve.

I had something similar when I tried to boot my server for the first time. The were some signs of life that the board was powered but it didn’t even do the initial BIOS part of the boot. After a lot of searching, I discovered that the DIMM modules weren’t quite fully home. I reinstalled them making sure that I heard a proper click and all was well at my next boot attempt. Might be worth a check?

Thanks guys, I figured it out. The HDPlex appears to be DOA. I plugged my son's laptop power brick and viola, a working server. I then plugged the HDPlex into my son's laptop and it wouldn't even charge. 

I measure 18.94 volts output from the HDPlex but don't know how much current is available when plugged into a load.

Larry at HDPlex is shipping me another unit. Really great guy to work with and as mentioned here in this forum, responds very quickly to emails. 

I'll be buying more product from this company. They appear to be Pass Labs like (the gold standard in taking care of their customers) and that's who I like doing business with.