IGNORED

Article: Desktop Audio For The Apple Pro Display XDR

I was one of those people waiting for the next big fancy monitor to come out, and except for the Apple Display, as of the moment they are all coming at some indeterminate future date... And none of them will be cheap. In fact I bet they will be 5K plus as some of the just below that tier models are right now selling for 4.5 to 5K. The one I was really interested in is the upcoming LG OLED 32 inch computer monitor, but again, I need it now, not at some unknown time in the future. So I did the next best thing and got a super deal on the LG Ultrafine monitor from Microcenter and I could not love it more. For my needs it's perfect. I also have it paired with an M1 mini and I love the little machine.

No electron left behind.

15 hours ago, blaven said:

Yes. To clarify, i’m referring to the Apple TV 4K hardware.  $179 for an unobtrusive black hockey puck sized gizmo. 

Hopefully some of the images below clarify.  The BenQ monitor has 2 HDMI and 3 Thunderbolt 3 USBC Ports. 

I run the Mac Mini to BenQ with a Thunderbolt 3 cable 

I run the Apple TV to the  monitor with an Audioquest Carbon 48 HDMI cable. 

What you can see in the images below:

—a screenshot from Interstellar running off the Apple TV

—Settings off the BenQ monitor where you can see a picture in picture main and sub window options

—ESPN Sunday Night Baseball off of Apple TV ESPN app with background of Mac mini in the lower 3/4 of the monitor screen with rune and the present thread seen

(NOTE: One could argue that you can just stream much of this in an Internet browser so what’s the point. Well, lots of fun 4K content for one. And high quality streaming is not so as easy for out of market NHL and NBA games in a browser. Plus, outside of picture in picture sports, it’s honestly fun just to watch TV or the occasional movie off of such a high-quality monitor like many have or are discussing.)

hopefully it helps

bottom line is it’s a pretty fun thing that is reasonable to get for anybody considering nice speakers for their computer- hence why I added it to the thread

9D7BBF4B-F841-480A-8D12-52A5EFE6FC7A.jpeg

54F89493-2733-46FA-A299-2E17AB43EBEC.jpeg

98B001D5-2B28-49C9-A3A1-50723B9E3949.jpeg

That is a great idea! I may have to do this.

No electron left behind.