IGNORED

troubleshooting after nearby lightning incident

This morning we had lightning very close, computer was on and a safety 'fuse' in the main electric board (power panel for the whole house, 230V) went off.. since then I]m getting a weird noise (I;d describe it as black noise...as if there is a faulty ground but not a 50Hz buzz)), initially when switching tracks in Daphile there is some of this 'static' like a short burst as if it is linked to the CPU or memory or if it would be active graphics card, but music wins...after a short while (temperature?) all I get is that noise and the computer freezes up, it does not respond to the soft off switch.

I'm trying to find out if it's  RAM, the CPU or the MoBo or the Pink Faun I2S card (iieek), it's not the graphics card as I have disconnected it after booting and not the PSU as the old one I had as spare shows the same issue.

Anyone here who dares to guess what the issue is?

I'll try troubleshoot further, I have  a spare Mobo and could use my old DDC to diagnose the PF using USB out....

I have now set the BIOS to it's safe baseline settings it comes with...so far it seems the noise is not there when switching tracks, weird...

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

Just now, BCRich said:

Have you tried shutting it down completely and unplug it from the wall outlet. There could be some residual effect from the static the lightning created. This will refresh things.

Good Luck,

Mike

Thanks, yes I did, I disconnected the previous PSU, swapped it for another...

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

15 min uptime and counting....fingers crossed....

It seems unlikely that my last BIOS tinkering of last evening caused this, as I I had the system on all night listening to music for hours without a glitch...but still, resetting the BIOS is all that is needed?

so far so good...don't ask me to explain it. Good side effect is that I know again have heard the major difference in PSU and cabing! Wow, from a generic bland decent PC sound to something high end-ish 

well eerrrr, I think it was my last set of BIOS settings, OR the file with settings saved in the BIOS was also corrupted....immediately after loading that profile the same noise pattern came back...