IGNORED

Zappa in High Resolution / Need Recommendations

While I'm on here, considering Zappa recorded to the highest standards, does anyone who knows these records inside and out think there is worth in buying the 192/24 versions? I just downloaded"Roxy Performances" and they sound amazing at 44/16, I can't imagine them getting clearer and cleaner.

18 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

While I'm on here, considering Zappa recorded to the highest standards, does anyone who knows these records inside and out think there is worth in buying the 192/24 versions? I just downloaded"Roxy Performances" and they sound amazing at 44/16, I can't imagine them getting clearer and cleaner.

I have spent years tweaking my system, and recent upgrades include my HD Streamer using balanced outputs, NSF Clear line AC Optimizer, a decent power conditioner by Furman, and a Khozmo Acoustic Passive Pre, as well as ADAM T7V monitors. I heard Apostrophe on a high end system for the time (uh, a bit under the influence) with a Marantz receiver and amp and AR speakers. It blew my mind and changed my life. I became a true FZ fanatic. Anyway, all that to sat I stuck my foot in the water, and to my ears, and many years, the 192/24 version is definitive. Another Spin, I get the muffled effect on prior versions, I can hear all details much more clearly, especially, misheard lyrics. Down the rabbit hole I go.