IGNORED

Article: New Linn Klimax DSM With Organik DAC

9 hours ago, loop7 said:

Maybe it was mentioned in the interview, too lazy to listen again, but I wonder if most Linn customers purchase a system and don't upgrade for a really long time?

Like me?  I purchased my system in 1999 or 2000...I started with the Genki/Majik/Keilidh.   I chose this over my other choice of Naim.  Nothing else I listened to sounded nearly as good (to me).  Added an MMF-5 which I dropped (literally) and replaced with the Rega P3-24.  Around 2012 I added the 2250 amp and now use the Majik in pre-amp mode.  Big difference for the better.  A few years ago I upgraded my TV setup and a Dayton sub was added.  I still love the Keilidhs but have lusted after Ninkas and Espiks but never pulled the trigger.  Once I ripped all my cds I sold the Genki and use the SB Touch (files on a QNAP NAS).  DACs are listed and right now the xDSD is connected.  I have also looked at adding Aktiv cards as the 2250 is 4-channel but never came across a full set.  My local dealer dropped (or was dropped) Linn and then sold out to another owner.  Closest is now in Houston or Plano, Texas (I think....I am in Austin).  I have never wanted badly enough to upgrade...so I have not.  Sounds great to me.  And if I did I would simplify with Air Pulse 300s, Dynaudio Xeos or something similar.  The cost of Linn, even the Majik line, is prohibitive to me.  For that cost I would go to the D&D 8c or Kii or of that ilk.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

• 2 weeks later...

Simply stunning example of top end industrial design.

Using the LP metaphor is a nice touch and has a connection with Linn's history as one of the most important vinyl LP playback brands.

I love the mirror display that fades out when not in use, the stainless steel buttons, overall machining excellence, materials used, everything.

Well done Linn and if any of yooos talk smack aboot it,  I'll brain ye, fer that!