IGNORED

Revisiting stereo shuffling

Hi all,

I have revamped my Soundstage shaper plugin by extending the concept of stereo shuffling and making it applicable to headphones listening.
The objective is to better align all frequencies of sound sources sharing the same position in the virtual soundstage.
As we all have a different hearing, the plugin will come with a companion configuration tool to perform optional individualization.

Some more technical background is available here

I am now looking at some beta testers to evaluate the plugin&configuration tool combo.
The main requirements to apply are 
- use a player accepting external plugins (JRiver, Audirvana, Foobar for instance)
- being a regular headphones user

If interested, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Thierry 

• fresponse changed the title to Revisiting stereo shuffling
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi  @Bill Brown

It is not yet in my plans to work on center channel addition, as there are already alternatives to do that.

As intensity panned recordings are quite different from spaced mics recordings, it makes sense to sometimes prefer crossfeeding for headphones or crosstalk reduction for loudspeakers... and all this is subject to individual subjective preferences...

The first feedbacks on the new plugin are very positive, and I will soon close the testing phase : this is the last call ;-)

Thanks,

Thierry