IGNORED

Synergistic Research SR Orange Fuse snake oil ?

I have heard my system sound similar (not the same but similar characteristics) to using it with the SR Orange fuse.  This happens at night after about 10.30pm.  I assumed it was because in general there was generally less interference in the mains power supply.  I asked questions on a couple of forums and this was the consensus opinion for those who had similar experiences.

I've just had a look at the Synergistic Research website and they also refer to clean electricity which I thought was interesting.  I assume that this is marketing but thought it was mentioning.

I know there is justified skepticism regarding audiophile fuses.  Some refuse to try.  I get that.  However my ears (and many other people) can hear an obvious change. 

It would be great if some  research was carried out to ascertain what is causing the effect.  It's a mystery.

(I think this is what others on this thread have been asking for so sorry for repeating).

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...sounds more like the Third Law of Marketing: There's a Sucker Born Every Minute.

I think if one wanted to try a more edge-case approach, some of the pastes/liquids that improve conductivity would be a better experiment.

Guess I'm a sucker then.  I rate the change that this fuse makes.  I get the skepticism though.  I'd love to know why so many like the fuses (me included) - I know that plenty can't hear a difference as well...