IGNORED

Audiophile router configuration

You know what is interesting. I never thought routers made a difference because I have everything behind a switch internally. But I found ... through a series of trials and tribulations ... that my fiber-to-the-home (Fioptics) supplied router was getting overloaded or whatever by my internal network (I think IPV6 stuff which wasn't working over my wireless) ... and so I put an Edgerouter Lite between the supplied device and my internal network, and now its handling DHCP etc, and voila the wireless is working correctly with IPV6 and sounds much better ...

I think sometimes we can focus endlessly on little details like 2.4 vs 5 Ghz or 20 vs 40 Mhz etc etc etc and its something else entirely.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Right, I don’t know much about these devices but the ER Lite is cheap and has hardware acceleration I’m told. Is pfsense more secure? Since I have 1Gbe fiber I wanted something that can handle the bandwidth...

16 hours ago, plissken said:

I don't put Ubiquiti in the same class of product as low end D-Link, Linksys, Trendnet etc... pfSense can do more for sure and since it works on a wide range of hardware it's flexible. It can support enterprise level IDS/IPS, L4-L7 filtering, DNS Black-holing, HA active/active or active/passive etc.

Ooohh so I could block beacons and ads from my entire home? 😋 I know that netgate uses the same / similar chip that's in my ClearFog NAA for the 3100 ... its a bit annoying that only the x86 version of pfsense seems to be available for download...