IGNORED

Newbie - Need Help

So, I feel like an idiot.  I had a great home system that worked perfectly, primarily streaming music over a computer.  I decided to upgrade my equipment over the course of several years.  I got the last piece shortly before the pandemic, got everything plugged in and set up and . . . could not get any sound.  I have fiddled with things about a dozen times, but just cannot get things to work.  Ordinarily, I would go see my local dealer to get some help, but he is closed due to COVID.  I have tried a couple of times and am sure that I am just missing something in terms of how I have plugged everything in.

I was hoping there might be someone who could give me guidance or have a phone/Zoom call to help me.  I am welcome to any other suggestions.

You would have to describe your system in detail, including all the components and software, before anyone could even begin to assist you with your issue(s).

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

4 hours ago, Allan F said:

You would have to describe your system in detail, including all the components and software, before anyone could even begin to assist you with your issue(s).

And then what ?

I'd say (and considered) just give the man a call ! or better even : use TeamViewer and solve the issue. It can't be that hard.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Thanks for the response.  Allan F.'s question is a fair one and sorry that my question is so ambiguous.  Here is my equipment:

- Pass Labs X250.8 Amplifier

-Herron VTSP-360 Preamplifier

-Herron VTPH-2A Phono Stage

-Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic DAC

-Innuos Zen MK3 Music Server

-Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2EX Speakers

I have Grover Huffman RCA cables.  Everything powers up so I believe the problem is somewhere in how I connected the cables to the equipment and/or the respective switches.

I have a turntable too, but that is in my office, and is on my Plan B to get connected once I get everything lined up.

3 hours ago, Tyliz said:

Thanks for the response.  Allan F.'s question is a fair one and sorry that my question is so ambiguous.  Here is my equipment:

- Pass Labs X250.8 Amplifier

-Herron VTSP-360 Preamplifier

-Herron VTPH-2A Phono Stage

-Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic DAC

-Innuos Zen MK3 Music Server

-Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2EX Speakers

I have Grover Huffman RCA cables.  Everything powers up so I believe the problem is somewhere in how I connected the cables to the equipment and/or the respective switches.

I have a turntable too, but that is in my office, and is on my Plan B to get connected once I get everything lined up.

Just a guess, but possibly your server and DAC have to power up in a certain order for one to see the other. Try server and then DAC, and then DAC followed by server.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)