IGNORED

Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

Hi, I'm interested in getting the FTLX1475D3BTL but wanted to check if you know whether these are compatible with an Intel x520-da2 PCIe adapter card.

42 minutes ago, dm68 said:

Hi, I'm interested in getting the FTLX1475D3BTL but wanted to check if you know whether these are compatible with an Intel x520-da2 PCIe adapter card.

I have successfully used Finisar SFP (1Gbe) and SFP+ (10Gbe) modules in my x520-da1 card.

Eric

Ubuntu Studio Linux box (i7-9700, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, HQP Desktop) > fiber optic > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber optic > fitlet2 (Linux Mint - HQP NAA) > T+A DAC8 DSD > Nord One UP NC500MB mono blocks > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP via Roon client, DSP with HQP convolution engine, Intel NUC (Roon server)

The Finisar SFP+ FTLX1475D3BTL works fine in opticalModule. 
I now have two modules added between my opticalRendu and EtherRegen. 

Inserting it into the $99 Mikrotik switch didn’t work very well. I can’t find a way to force it into 1 Gb.

The opticalModule now uses the FTLX1475D3BTL, and Mikrotik using the 1421. That’s working. 

6 minutes ago, dm68 said:

The items arrived last Thursday but I am unable to get the FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ to work as intended.

Welcome to the club. Unfortunately, Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL doesn't work in my X2522 either. But it works well in the 10GTek. 😂 I don't understand why.

Grigg Audio Solutions Owner

StreamFidelitys Setup

Sonus Faber Amati Futura | T + A M10 | T + A SDV 3100 HV | fis Audio PC | HFX RipNAS Solid V4 | GigaWatt PC2-EVO + | Solidsteel HJ-3 / HY-A

22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

It’s probably a good idea to read the compatibility sheet

Transceiver Startech 1000BASE-EX SFP -SM LC-40KM 👍 works very well and is not on the compatibility list. 

Grigg Audio Solutions Owner

StreamFidelitys Setup

Sonus Faber Amati Futura | T + A M10 | T + A SDV 3100 HV | fis Audio PC | HFX RipNAS Solid V4 | GigaWatt PC2-EVO + | Solidsteel HJ-3 / HY-A

On 3/18/2021 at 1:01 AM, R1200CL said:

I think this isn’t available anymore from Finisar. Discontinued. Correct ?
This is Fabry-Perot laser btw. Have some fun and compare jitter against this 1421 data sheets I posted. 

Sorry for reviving this but I recently got the opportunity to purchase a (used) pair of Finisar FTLF1324P2BTV via eBay. I have compared them to the Planet MGB-TLX and the Planet's are out!

There ares still some units available so for the ones interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112841613528

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Vibex one 6R power distributor | Uptone Audio JS-2 | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN | Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Sonore OpticalModule | Emo Systems EN-70HD | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Transparent premium AES/EBU, Nordost Leif Red Dawn analog RCA, Kimber 8TC speaker cables, custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors for AC, Ghent for DC and ethernet Roon server Mac Mini/i7/SSD/16GB/Uptone DC mod/ext. SDD via firewire, Catalina | Roon | Tidal | Qobuz 

Upgraded my network ahead of my EtherREGEN and bought a pair of Finisar SFP+ modules: FTLX1475D3BTL

So my network is:

Internet/NAS > Mikrotik CRS112-8G-4S-IN (FTLX1475D3BTL) > Commscope Optical Cable (FFWLCLC42-JXF020) > EtherREGEN (FTLX1475D3BTL) > dCS Bartok

The Mikrotik has replaced an EE 8Switch and a BJC Cat6a cable. So my setup was already pretty good and it still sounds fantastic. Just need to summon up the courage to do an A/B comparison to see if there is an audible difference, because if its there in all honesty is fairly subtle.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - interested in getting the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL  to run between the OM & ER.

Does After Dark sell these separately or only in a package?

MAIN: Sonore OM Deluxe > Uptone LPS 1.2 > Fiber > EtherRegen/Farad Super 3 > Sablon Reserva 2020 LAN > Zenith MKII SE > Phasure Lush 2 > Innuos Phoenix > Sablon 2020 USB > PS Audio Directstream Sr DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Conrad Johnson MF-2500a > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ (Niagara 5000/Tornado/Hurricane)/Audience AU24 SE LP/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata (Python/Venom 3)/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver DC 

OTHER CABLING: AQ (Earth/Go-4 Dbl Bi-Wire)

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/BDR/PS Audio Powerbase

8 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Hello - interested in getting the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL  to run between the OM & ER.

Does After Dark sell these separately or only in a package?

He sells separately. So does Mouser and others.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/II-VI-Finisar/FTLX1475D3BTL?qs=Mv7BduZupUimdVCmqshw1g==

Here is an extremely nice offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164891119541?epid=27013198216&hash=item266446cfb5:g:XywAAOSwlw5gtIno

What makes FTLX1475D3BTL the best SFP module?

I have read in another thread that the  FTLF1321 has the lowest jitter measurement of any Finisar module.  Much lower than the 3018 or 3024 but I do not know how it would compare to the 1475.

16 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

What makes FTLX1475D3BTL the best SFP module?

I have read in another thread that the  FTLF1321 has the lowest jitter measurement of any Finisar module.  Much lower than the 3018 or 3024 but I do not know how it would compare to the 1475.

Because the 1475 is a 10GB module, it has by definition or specification an extremely low to none jitter.

Also I think if you read the data sheet I posted several places, you will find the best jitter specs on the 1421 modules.

4 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

Is the  FCBG110SD1CA5 Active Optical Cable (AOC) as good as the FTLX1475D3BTL?

What is the difference?

Different laser. And it’s multi mode. 

• 2 weeks later...

At 250 hours I ended up going back to the FTLF1318P3BTL. Was finding the FTLX1475D3BTL a bit harsh. The 1318 is a bit more liquid sounding in my system

Will try the 1475 again later

MAIN: Sonore OM Deluxe > Uptone LPS 1.2 > Fiber > EtherRegen/Farad Super 3 > Sablon Reserva 2020 LAN > Zenith MKII SE > Phasure Lush 2 > Innuos Phoenix > Sablon 2020 USB > PS Audio Directstream Sr DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Conrad Johnson MF-2500a > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ (Niagara 5000/Tornado/Hurricane)/Audience AU24 SE LP/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata (Python/Venom 3)/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver DC 

Thank you @R1200CL