IGNORED

Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

Hi , 

This morning I ordered the Finisar after a quick exchange with Adrien for France to replace my SFP basics bought from FS.
As I have ER and Switch Sotm, I will be able to test both devices in SFP.

I have a beginner's question. 
the pull handle on the SFP must be put down and we insert the optical cable or simply clip the cable without lowering the pubb handle. Because I see photos with the two positions.

I hope not to be disappointed with this "tweak"
I hesitated with the cisco.

merci @AfterDark.and Adrien

Laurent

4 minutes ago, Roasty said:

Thanks! 

Going to place an order. 

What is this option? 

RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor

Should I be getting one or two if using between Uptone ER and sotm Snh10g switch? 

Basically, you don't need an RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor because both ER and Sotm have SFP port.
The converter is useful for switching from RJ45 (Box router) to SFP ER or Sotm

10 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! R1200CL,

I shall prepare the list of switch which can use SFP+ . Some of the new switch like Buffalo GS-BS2016 for some reason can support SFP+ even it is not is datasheet. 

Thanks. 

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

@AfterDark.

Adrien,
Do you confirm that the Finisar SFP + I ordered are compatible with my etherregen or my switch as you indicated on your online store?
I am in doubt and I do not want to have a bad surprise when connecting.

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That is not correct. Both the Sonore opticalModule and opticalRendu will work with any SFP+ fiber-optic transceiver--as long as what is connected to the other end is also a 1GBe device and the transceivers are matching.  Same for EtherREGEN.

There is no such thing as a "10GB-only" fiber-optic transceiver!

Please refer to John Swenson's and my other posts on this topic in other threads.

@Superdad

Alex,

So the Finisar SFP + modules distributed by Afterdark are compatible with your beautiful Etherregen product? so Afterdark is right that it works?

Laurent

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

https://community.fs.com/blog/can-10gb-switch-port-link-to-gigabit-switch-port.html

Since probably several is having or considering one of the two very reasonable priced Mikrotik switches with 10GB interfaces I think the following will work:

Put a 1GB FTLF1421P1xxx into the 10GB cage of the switch and put the 10GB FTLX1475D3BTL into EtherRegen or the opticalModule.  Not the other way. 

The $99 CSS610_8G_2S_in is probably one of the cheapest way to obtain a 10GB FMC and in addition get a management 1GB switch. I ordered one.

Do not expected other 1GB modules necessary to work this way with the 10GB FTLX1475D3BTL. 

You love to confuse people's minds. :)