IGNORED

Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

• AfterDark. changed the title to Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

I'm interested in Part Number: CISCO SFP-10G-AOC1M Active Optical Cable (AOC)  

But in the item page, the option is for 2m, but in the description it says 1m.

I need a 2m length cable. 

Also, this should work fine between the ER and sotm Snh10g switch right? 

12 minutes ago, Roasty said:

I'm interested in Part Number: CISCO SFP-10G-AOC1M Active Optical Cable (AOC)  

But in the item page, the option is for 2m, but in the description it says 1m.

I need a 2m length cable. 

Also, this should work fine between the ER and sotm Snh10g switch right? 

Hello! Roasty,

Good catch! 

This model is limited to 1 meter only. This will work plug and play for ER and SoTM SNH10G switch.  

Thanks for your interested. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

Hi , 

This morning I ordered the Finisar after a quick exchange with Adrien for France to replace my SFP basics bought from FS.
As I have ER and Switch Sotm, I will be able to test both devices in SFP.

I have a beginner's question. 
the pull handle on the SFP must be put down and we insert the optical cable or simply clip the cable without lowering the pubb handle. Because I see photos with the two positions.

I hope not to be disappointed with this "tweak"
I hesitated with the cisco.

merci @AfterDark.and Adrien

Laurent

45 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

Hi , 

This morning I ordered the Finisar after a quick exchange with Adrien for France to replace my SFP basics bought from FS.
As I have ER and Switch Sotm, I will be able to test both devices in SFP.

I have a beginner's question. 
the pull handle on the SFP must be put down and we insert the optical cable or simply clip the cable without lowering the pubb handle. Because I see photos with the two positions.

I hope not to be disappointed with this "tweak"
I hesitated with the cisco.

merci @AfterDark.and Adrien

Laurent

Hi! Laurent, 

Thanks for your question. I found this tutorial, this can avoid damage on the SFP modules. 

We tried some other brand SFP, this Finisar SFP+ is another level when it compared to Cisco, FS. This model is special made for Industrial, the Bale-clasp latch is made of metal alloy.  The laser inside is more refine. 

• FTLX1475D3BCL ->  Enterprise Grade ($)      
  • FTLX1475D3BNL ->  Datacenter Grade  ($$)
  • FTLX1475D3BTL ->  Industrial Grade ($$$) This model is in highest specification with better quality on laser components and better build with various tests. 

Be Aware of Before Installing or Removing A Transceiver module

Before removing or installing a SFP Transceiver Module you must disconnect all cables, because of leaving these attached will damage the cables, connectors, and the optical interfaces.

Complete These Steps in Order to Remove SFP Transceiver

1. Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your wrist and to the ESD ground connector or a bare metal surface on your chassis.

2. Disconnect the network fiber-optic cable or network copper cable from the SFP Transceiver Module connector.

3. For optical SFP transceivers, immediately reinstall the dust plugs in the SFP transceiver optical bores and the fiber-optic cable LC connectors.

Release and Remove the SFP Transceiver Module from the Cocket Connector.

If the SFP transceiver has a Mylar tab latch, pull the tab gently in a slightly downward direction until the transceiver disengages from the socket connector, and then pull the SFP transceiver straight out. Do not twist or pull the Mylar tab because you could detach it from the SFP transceiver.

U8CSo42ZSmhbkwTaNnNj-ywpvs8@179x133.jpeg.cc301cc897449c0b8a7916499c55daca.jpeg

If the SFP transceiver has an Actuator button latch, gently press the actuator button on the front of the SFP transceiver until it clicks and the latch mechanism releases the SFP transceiver from the socket connector. Grasp the actuator button between your thumb and index finger, and carefully pull the SFP transceiver straight from the module slot.

8ShLdLT5GBQDZdnkZO02Rxhynvc@210x89.jpeg.79f980fe41218d25b38faa4011838cfe.jpeg

If the SFP transceiver has a Bale-clasp latch, pull the bale out and down to eject the SFP transceiver from the socket connector. If the bale-clasp latch is obstructed and you cannot use your index finger to open it, use a small flat-blade screwdriver or another long narrow instrument to open the bale-clasp latch. Grasp the SFP transceiver between your thumb and index finger, and carefully remove it from the socket.

mdSA-fDDGCBpswDMF9OHnGKmLL8@281x433.jpeg.e09959ea85b8d7ac0e26abe9b3c1422f.jpeg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

2 hours ago, Roasty said:

@AfterDark.

That's unfortunate. 1m is not long enough for my setup.. Will there be any future plans for a 2m length? 

Hi! Roasty,

Thanks for your interest on CISCO SFP-10G-AOC1M, we may have more length such as 3m and 7m in the future. 

We are posting the excellent new Finisar SFP+ AOC version today. This version will have 1.5m or 2.5m as standard length. 

thumbnail_IMG_3571.thumb.jpg.cc75ddb517efec51f9c4ef04fb8b9c3b.jpg

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

On 3/16/2021 at 6:39 PM, Roasty said:

@AfterDark.

That's unfortunate. 1m is not long enough for my setup.. Will there be any future plans for a 2m length? 

Hi! Roasty,

Thanks for your interested. The 2m length is in stock now. Please feel free to visit the purchase link below: 

Part Number: CISCO SFP-10G-AOC1M Active Optical Cable (AOC) &nbsp

thumbnail_IMG_3568.thumb.jpg.d2adade8fef5b21d5928d12b89069da5.jpg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

11 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Roasty,

Thanks for your interested. The 2m length is in stock now. Please feel free to visit the purchase link below: 

Part Number: CISCO SFP-10G-AOC1M Active Optical Cable (AOC) &nbsp

thumbnail_IMG_3568.thumb.jpg.d2adade8fef5b21d5928d12b89069da5.jpg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thanks! 

Going to place an order. 

What is this option? 

RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor

Should I be getting one or two if using between Uptone ER and sotm Snh10g switch? 

4 minutes ago, Roasty said:

Thanks! 

Going to place an order. 

What is this option? 

Should I be getting one or two if using between Uptone ER and sotm Snh10g switch? 

Basically, you don't need an RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor because both ER and Sotm have SFP port.
The converter is useful for switching from RJ45 (Box router) to SFP ER or Sotm

Just now, MasterWarzombie said:

Basically, you don't need an RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor because both ER and Sotm have SFP port.
The converter is useful for switching from RJ45 (Box router) to SFP ER or Sotm

Thanks man! 

Was wondering why there was a converter in the options. 

17 minutes ago, Roasty said:

Thanks! 

Going to place an order. 

What is this option? 

Hi! Roasty,

We are having group buy for audiophilestyle.com's member. This convertor is free of charge.

Suggest connection for RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor

Router --> Lan to RJ45 SFP CONVERTOR -> SFP FIBER to SotM SNH10G

SoTM SNH10G -> SFP FIBER to UpTone EtherREGEN 

First isolation stage:  Lan to RJ45 SFP Convertor, optical isolation to keep the noise away from router.

Second Stage: SFP between SoTM and ER 

Thanks for your interest and purchases.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

18 minutes ago, Roasty said:

Both the Cisco and Finisar are listed as "highly recommended". Is one better than the other? 

Hi! Roasty,

Thanks for your purchases. 

The sounding for Cisco is warmer. The Finisar is more balance and details. Two different sounding for different pre-amplifiers. (

Recommended depends on system

Tube Amp -> Finisar

Other Amp -> Cisco (Vocal ****)(Jazz***) / Finisar (Vocal ***)(Jazz****) (depends on music types) 

Thanks again. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Unfortunately Finisar does not state the jitter specs for the FTLX1475D3BTL module in the product specification sheet. So no direct comparison possible with the FTLF1324P2BTL module. This one is regarded the best according to quite a lot of members here.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

@AfterDark.

If your selling the FTLX1475D3BTL at a reasonable price, just PM me 😀

Normal shop price is just above $100.

(3 meter LC to LC OS2 9/125μm cables is only $5, so no need to add)

I have ensured 10 new of similar one in 1 GB SFP. (At £10 each). 
And there the jitter is specified in data sheet as well.  It’s seems much better than any other module. 

I attach BL and TL if anyone like to compare data. I can’t think much difference for us. 

finisar_ftlf1421p1xcl_oc-48_ir-1_stm_s-16.1_rohs_compliant_pluggable_sfp_transceiver_product_specification_0.pdf finisar_ftlf1421p1xtl_oc-48_ir-1_stm_s-16.1_rohs_compliant_pluggable_sfp_transceiver_product_specification_rev_b1.pdf

8 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Roasty,

Thanks for your purchases. 

The sounding for Cisco is warmer. The Finisar is more balance and details. Two different sounding for different pre-amplifiers. (

Recommended depends on system

Tube Amp -> Finisar

Other Amp -> Cisco (Vocal ****)(Jazz***) / Finisar (Vocal ***)(Jazz****) (depends on music types) 

Thanks again. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Adrian

Its worth mentioning that those modules have different technology applied. Right ?

The Cisco is MM and another type of laser as well. (I haven’t verified the data sheet). 
Finisar is DFB laser. 

It may very well be that that’s make the difference. 

What is this “RJ45 SFP CONVERTOR” ?  
A RJ45 module for SFP ?

4 hours ago, skatbelt said:

So no direct comparison possible with the FTLF1324P2BTL module.

I think this isn’t available anymore from Finisar. Discontinued. Correct ?
This is Fabry-Perot laser btw. Have some fun and compare jitter against this 1421 data sheets I posted. 

On 3/15/2021 at 11:59 PM, AfterDark. said:

AfterDark. Project Constellation Fiber Collection 

Today we want to introduce some of the very best SFP+ cable for Audiophile. They are selected to meet the highest requirement when we connect them via SFP port of the Audio Grade Network Switch, such as UpTone EtherREGEN, Cisco 2960 and Buffalo GS-BS2016. 

Group Buy Link

There are different types of SFP and specification. Which one is the best sounding? Let begins with two brands: 1) Finisar 2) Cisco. 

We suggest to use the latest format of SFP+, which is available in the market now.  It has lowest jitter and latency for audio application. The use of SFP optical fibre media box will provide the optical isolation when connecting to EtherREGEN. The improvement is noticeably immediately.  

Let's start with two new models from Finisar: 

Part number: FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ Modules  

• Finisar have release 3 different models FTLX1475D3XXX for market segments (Enterprise Grade, Datacenter grades and Industrial Grade) the outlooks is a little bit different on the metal handle at the back. 
  • So when we look at the details on the product specification at Finisar. We can summarised with different models is referring to:
    • FTLX1475D3BCL ->  Enterprise Grade ($)      
    • FTLX1475D3BNL ->  Datacenter Grade  ($$)
    • FTLX1475D3BTL ->  Industrial Grade ($$$) This model is in highest specification with better quality on laser components and better build with various tests. The result is ultra low latency on signal transfer for Audio. Image is more refined and details. 

• Product Features:
    • Wavelength 1310nm, single mode, DFB Laser
    • Supports 9.83 to 10.5Gb/s 
    • SFP+ 
    • Build in digital diagnostic functions
    • Finisar SFP+ transceivers provide a enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface, which allows real-time access to device operating parameters such as transceiver temperature, laser bias current, transmitted optical power, received optical power and transceiver supply voltage. It also defines a sophisticated system of alarm and warning flags, which alerts end-users when particular operating parameters are outside of a factory set normal range.

thumbnail_IMG_3574.thumb.jpg.bbcb5ffe1dfc2d72de9c34fb0f9bd44b.jpg

Why choose Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL? 

• Industrial grade, the laser accuracy is much higher specification compares to Enterprise grade. 
  • Finisar is leader in producing best sounding SFP modules for audiophiles.
  • The version is very limited edition made for Industrial, the pull handle is made in stronger metal alloys. 
  • 1310nm Single Mode, optimised for audio applications. 
  • Optimized for UpTone EtherREGEN switch with built-in SFP optical bridge connected to a single clean output Ethernet
  • When we compared to other SFP+ , this Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL is outstanding in sounding. The sound is Reference grade. 

thumbnail_IMG_3432_6d664ed3-19fc-4ccc-86

AfterDark. Project ClayX Constellation SFP+ Modules for Audiophile includes: 

• Audiophile grade Single Mode Cable made by Commscope for highest quality optical reflection 
  • Finisar SFP+ Single Mode SFP Modules - Industrial grade quality for lowest jitters audio data transfer 
  • Customize length of 3 meters, 5 meters, 10 meters, 15 meters
  • Applied EMI shielding enhancement for Audiophile SFP Modules 
  • Cat 8 Network Cable is made in Germany by Telegartners - with the lastest CAT8.1 plug optimized to use in "Last Mile" for Port B at EtherREGEN. 
  • The SFP / RJ45 Convertor is enhanced with EMI absorber from KEMET Corp

Sound Impression: 

• Music flow smoothly and huge soundstage
  • Mid-range is lovely 
  • High-frequency silky smooth 
  • Very impressive overall, highly recommended

thumbnail_IMG_3434_c66f3fba-fe08-424b-b8

Group Buy:

• Group Buy Offer:  FREE AfterDark. Constellation RJ45 SFP Fiber Media Convertor x 1 units  + 10% off discount code:  audiophilestyle.com
  • Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ Module x 2 units 
  • Commscope TERASPEED LC-LC Single Mode Optical Fiber Cable 3 Meters x 1 unit 
  • Group Buy Link

thumbnail_IMG_3573.thumb.jpg.56be2f426452536e217bef723f8601e7.jpg

1747635760_thumbnail_image0(3).thumb.jpg.2c15d403dded1ae0862a1aa6e1541c32.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3541.thumb.jpg.8445c16b36fa6674eb5c595ecd625a5c.jpg

Part Number: Finisar® FCBG110SD1CA5 Active Optical Cable (AOC)  

• This is Finisar SFPWire
  • Optical cable is direct attached to the SFP modules on both ends
  • The wavelength is 850nm
  • 10 Gb/s bi-directional links
  • SFP+ Direct-Attach Connectors

Group Buy Link For Finisar SFP+ AOC

Sound Impression: 

• The sounding is the same as as Finisar SFP + Industrial Version (Reference) 
  • Soundstage is huge with a lot of details
  • Positioning and sound decay is well performed 
  • Warmer sounding, mid-range is nice, good for vocal. 

thumbnail_IMG_3571.thumb.jpg.079659e92b35365662e6c1265057d174.jpg

Part Number: SFP-H10GB-CU3M Twinax copper cables

• This is Cisco SFP Twinax series
  • Copper Wire cable is direct attached to the SFP modules on both ends

Sound Impression: 

• Sound forward and harsh sounding
  • Not recommended

thumbnail_IMG_3572.thumb.jpg.67c7396c2180dbdf18f44f6f78f4ef7e.jpg

Part Number: CISCO SFP-10G-AOC1M Active Optical Cable (AOC)  

• This is Cisco SFP+ Modules
  • Optical cable is direct attached to the SFP modules on both ends
  • OM1 Fiber cable 
  • Made in Taiwan 
  •  

Group Buy Link for Cisco SFP AOC

Sound Impression:

• This Cisco SFP+ is impressive, lush sounding, dynamic. 
  • Highly recommended

thumbnail_IMG_3568.thumb.jpg.bd6a5fd4ab62516d5708f16eb5d6bb5a.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3569.thumb.jpg.a942606cd58f2118ccdbfd17f1b07725.jpg

972174601_AfterDark.LEGOFB.JPG.b5baf65dfbd0115b425ce5d71b27314f.JPG

Hi Adrian, thank you for sharing your findings. A quick question regarding the Group buy for the Cisco SPF +. It’s not clear if it includes 2 SPF + modules as the offer for Finisar says “x 2 units”

• Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ Module x 2 units 

Kind regards, 

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

3 hours ago, soares said:

Hi Adrian, thank you for sharing your findings. A quick question regarding the Group buy for the Cisco SPF +. It’s not clear if it includes 2 SPF + modules as the offer for Finisar says “x 2 units”

• Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ Module x 2 units 

Kind regards, 

Jorge

Hi! Soares, 

Thanks for your interested. The package will includes 2 SPF+ on both ends. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

17 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Adrian

You have to inform if this 10GB (only) is working on the EtherRegen. 
Also is the FMC you’re selling compatible with SFP+ 10GB. Can you supply us with data sheets.

I think this is very a very important issue. 

Andreas

Hi! Andreas,

Thanks for your questions. The SFP+ is certified and works well with EtherREGEN, Cisco 2960S, Buffalo GS-BS2016, SoTM switch. 

P.S Please make sure the SFP+ both ends is the same brand and models, the optical fiber for this Finisar SFP+ is single mode 1310nm wavelength. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.