IGNORED

What is the best process for replacing an Apple Music album with a ripped version

I have some albums in my Apple Music library which were added from Apple Music itself but I would like to replace them with my own CD rips before putting my CD's into storage. Can you advise me of the best method for this. I have done a couple with varying degrees of success. Some appear to have just auto replaced the Apple Music version (after an update to the cloud library) but some appear to create a duplicate.

Ideally I would like to retain the play counts and last played information. Can this done automatically or do I need to utilise some of Doug's Scripts. If so what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, All That Rocks said:

When you say not identical, are you talking about tagging or file size, sample rate etc?

I'm using the Grouping tag for a more detailed genre already.

Almost anything can make a file "not identical". The easiest way to tell is to have the two files in iTunes at the same time and see if they get filed separately or as part of the same album.

Most of the time when a ripped duplicate is created, in my experience, it's because of capitalization difference in song titles. For example, Apple may use "Night Of The Living Dead," capping prepositions and articles. But a ripped list of titles (the metadata is not the same) might have it "Night of the Living Dead." I've spent way too much time making things matched before ripping replacement copies.