IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Mutec MC-3 + Smart Clock USB

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I wasn't burning in a clock cable as my Belden 4694R had already been run for a while and so had my Coherent QP-1 PSU.

It's true that 3/4 if not 4/4 of my clock cables were virgins too. I should have mentioned that.

Yes - the AfterDark Triple has an integrated power supply.

4 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Thus the pain began.

I feel it. I truly feel it.

5 minutes ago, MartinT said:

On the subject of the incoming Emperor Triple Crown, I will indeed listen to it in the same setup as the current King to hear what differences I can perceive. 

Can't wait. Thanks

12 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Very first impressions in an unfair comparison between the thoroughly warmed up and reasonably burned in King and the barely warmed after one hour of being plugged in Emperor Triple Crown, which needed to be unplugged and reconnected into the system.

No downside. I had an immediate impression of more realism in cymbal strikes, greater note decay and a darker background. Percussive detail is pervasive in everything and the midrange is smoother and less gritty. I'll continue with the listening but my impression, again, is that a better clock (all other things being equal) makes itself known pretty quickly.

If burn-in is a non-issue, then differential should remain stable in the coming days. But differential there is. If you get to be able to quantify it better (in qualitative terms of course!) please do post. We'll take it that that phase noise matters! A mantra for our times!

Thank you for posting so promptly. Enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...