IGNORED

Car Audio Forum?

"the loudest sound in a Rolls Royce at 60 MPH is the clock"

Newspaper ad for Rolls Royce apx 1965.

Unless you have the aforementioned vehicle, I would guess that investing money in car audio is NOT an audiophile exercise.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

@Temporal_DissidentRoad noise, tire noise, environmental noise.  We spend thousands on room treatments to enhance our listening.  Why would be spend big bucks on high end equipment for a car?  You can certainly upgrade your car stereo, I encourage you to do so, but "audiophile" I think not.    @R1200CL:  No, not perfect, sorry.

Now if the car is not moving and ensconced in a weatherproofed garage you may be on to something.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

I have an older Mercedes. It has the NOA Weather channel, might be short wave, I don't know.  Still works.  The CD is, however, 

ausgeficked.

1 hour ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

Why would you spend big bucks? Well, first off, because you want better sound. Second, I'd say that "big bucks" is relative. You could do an entire "high end" car system for less than a single home audio HiFi component ($2-3k).

"Better is the enemy of good enough

Food for thought:  I just ordered a new car.  The Burmester sound system was a $5K+ option.  The sales person told me that there is little or no value to the high end system when you trade the car in. Hum......

• 6 months later...