IGNORED

Artificial intelligence-driven/automated tagging

lamode

I think there are already such applications, that can for example identify the "mood" of tracks, or similar attributes, and are used for automatic suggestions (radio). I don't personally find that of any interest, but others may.

Here's an example that popped up with a simple Google search - there must be many others: https://towardsdatascience.com/predicting-the-music-mood-of-a-song-with-deep-learning-c3ac2b45229e

There is also research being done on music analysis to identify the specificty of musicians (ex: what makes a Charlie Parker so identifiable and different from, say, a Johnny Hodges ?).   Not sure this is of general interest.

In terms of "tagging" (I prefer to talk about metadata), I spend a lot of time adding metadata to my albums - recording dates, venues, and credits. Those are not things that can be guessed, and they need to be accurate.

Provided there were an accurate repository for metadata, which does not exist today, and provided this repository were linked to the digital tracks (ex: AcurrateRip database), then one interesting application would be automatic recognition based on tracks, and not based on albums (as is the case for example with Roon). But that's a lot of ifs...