IGNORED

Unpopular opinion... I don't think Eric Clapton is very great.

13 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

1. "The guy was a well, better than me, built black man about 30. Probably on crack". Some here consider that racist on it's face for such a generalization, no?

I don't see any generalization here. I lived in NY in the 90s, I know more or less what people on crack look like, regardless of the color of their skin.

2. Are we going this person a pass for his criminal act because he was "probably on crack" as an explanation yet Clapton, on drugs and alcohol deserves no such leeway? A double standard?

No-one is giving him a 'pass' here, at least I didn't notice. I'm quite sporty man but frankly I wouldn't like to have to do physically with a guy taller and much better built than me, like him, in the middle of the night, especially with a guy on crack. Regardless of the color of his skin. Or shoes for that matter :)

In any case, it is a dangerous world and as the expression goes I rather have my CCW and not need it than need it and not have it. 

This attitude is one of the reasons why the number of Americans could be higher than it is and I can assure you not everyone who 'isn't' anymore due to this deserved it.

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm much more a fan of Hendrix work than Clapton.

Not sure why you can't enjoy both. I do. 

While an amazing and probably the greatest guitarist of my lifetime, much of the Hendrix stems from his untimely death. If he had lived I wonder what path he would have taken and if, like Clapton, would take some paths to pretty vanilla rock or would've continued on his innovative paths.

Personally as a fan, I enjoy Knopfler more than any, even if his skillset as a guitarist doesn't rank with Hendrix

1 minute ago, sphinxsix said:

I don't see any generalization here. I lived in NY in the 90s, I know more or less what people on crack look like, regardless of the color of their skin.

No-one is giving him a 'pass' here, at least I didn't notice. I'm quite sporty man but frankly I wouldn't like to have to do with a guy taller and better built than me in the middle of the night, especially with a guy on crack. Regardless of the color of his skin. Or shoes for that matter :)

This attitude is one of the reasons why the number of Americans could be higher than it is and I can assure you not everyone who 'isn't' anymore due to this deserved it.

Well I am just playing into the one way generalizations being made on this thread.

As to your last line of reasoning, the stats don't support your claim is it pertains to being trained and meeting the requirements for a CCW; in fact quite he opposite. 

12 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

As to your last line of reasoning, the stats don't support your claim is it pertains to being trained and meeting the requirements for a CCW; in fact quite he opposite. 

The stats don't support my claim that not everyone shot in the US deserved it..?

Something for you.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/how-they-got-the-guns-175676/

(a historical case of course, unfortunately one of many)

I'm happy with the fact that I'm almost to my black belt in Kenpo Karate. No, it won't stop a bullet, but it has taught me great situational awareness and how to block a punch. If you can quickly and effectively block a punch I can guarantee you the next thought going through that persons' head, if they also aren't trained in MA or boxing, will be "uh oh." I could certainly move in and actually seriously injure or kill a person if I absolutely had to, but best to defend  and just run away. I guess I land on the Russo side of things vs the Cobra Kai. 😆

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

24 minutes ago, lucretius said:

By far (more than 80%), the mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and 2020, involved legally obtained weapons.  Obviously, you gun fans are not responsible enough to keep the weapons out of the hands of mass shooters.

First of all you are quoting "mass murders" which although heinous and abhorrent make up a tiny % of the overall % of gun related deaths. Second I was discussing the much more difficult and in some states almost impossible qualifications to qualify for a CCW permit. As usual, those cities like DC, NYC, Chicago, etc some of the most difficult to obtain a weapon legally and as I said almost impossible to get a CCW permit have the highest gun related homicide rates 

34 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Well I am just playing into the one way generalizations being made on this thread.

Ha! That's rich....

Anyway, it's been real, off to play with a new power supply that showed up. Best to y'all. It's been 'real.' 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

28 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

The stats don't support my claim that not everyone shot in the US deserved it..?

Something for you.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/how-they-got-the-guns-175676/

(a historical case of course, unfortunately one of many)

You do realize you are proving a point I made to Chris in another thread about the truisms as we now know it of the "copy and paste" net mentality. I rather use legitimate FBI stats objectively obtained as to where the real problem lies as compared to some propagandist left wing hit piece form the Rolling Stone with an agenda. 

Unfortunately our trauma centers across the country tell a much different story

1 minute ago, charlesphoto said:

Ha! That's rich....

Anyway, it's been real, off to play with a new power supply that showed up. Best to y'all. It's been 'real.' 

What is rich is how many coded remarks as well as overt remarks you have used to demonstrate not just your bias but your hate for those of conservative ilk and painting them with some fo the most hateful generalizations. BUT you are on the "correct side" and one of the vision of the anointed. LMAO

Yes go "play". 

9 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

As usual, those cities like DC, NYC, Chicago, etc some of the most difficult to obtain a weapon legally and as I said almost impossible to get a CCW permit have the highest gun related homicide rates 

Yes. Illegal guns in DC and Chicago are a huge problem. But it's obviously too easy for the folks with illegal guns to obtain them. How can we squash this supply?  It's seems any attempt to pass legislation aimed at this purpose is opposed by the NRA and its fans. And why should it be alright for a 17 year old to dress in camo and carry a loaded AR15 and show up to a confrontational protest?

mQa is dead!

2 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

What is rich is how many coded remarks as well as overt remarks you have used to demonstrate not just your bias but your hate for those of conservative ilk and painting them with some fo the most hateful generalizations. BUT you are on the "correct side" and one of the vision of the anointed. LMAO

Yes go "play". 

Not coded:

Eric Clapton sucks and always will. 

15 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

I rather use legitimate FBI stats objectively obtained as to where the real problem lies as compared to some propagandist left wing hit piece form the Rolling Stone with an agenda. 

So the FBI statistics say that every shooting victim in the US deserved it.?

Somehow I'm not that surprised..

B|

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

Yes. Illegal guns in DC and Chicago are a huge problem. But it's obviously too easy for the folks with illegal guns to obtain them. How can we squash this supply?  It's seems any attempt to pass legislation aimed at this purpose is opposed by the NRA and its fans. And why should it be alright for a 17 year old to dress in camo and carry a loaded AR15 and show up to a confrontational protest?

Your argument is actually specious and out of context. Not sure why the 17 year old right wing guy with a loaded AR15 is the "bad one" compared to the many more left wing Antifa/BLM showing up with concealed weapons and murdering not just civilians but cops or the 200 heavily armed Black Panthers clothed in army fatigues accosting people on the roadway to Mt. Rushmore preventing them from passing. Your example eliminates you for a legitimate debate on the subject.

Plus when it comes to left wing policies where it begins is never where it ends. I rather not go into the never ending examples but it has been the way ever since the FDR era.  

3 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

So the FBI statistics say that everyone who was shot in the US deserved it.?

Somehow I'm not that surprised..

x-D

HUH is that what it says?  Thanks for the info. I thought it broke down the stats objectively based on race, gender, legal v illegal, suicide, etc. Just the facts. 

1 minute ago, Priaptor said:

HUH is that what it says?  Thanks for the info. I thought it broke down the stats objectively based on race, gender, legal v illegal, suicide, etc. Just the facts. 

I just wanted to remind you that, as I understand it, what we discuss here is my statement :

59 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

1 minute ago, Solstice380 said:

You were the one who was triggered, to keep things straight.  Just keep your politics, which you often inject into the conversation, to yourself and everybody’s good. 

Fair enough. How about: In my viewpoint, considering his stance on race and the pandemic, Eric Clapton appeals mostly to old men who are stuck in their mean, bitter, head in the sand ways. No mention of political bent. Better? 

7 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Fair enough. How about: In my viewpoint, considering his stance on race and the pandemic, Eric Clapton appeals mostly to old men who are stuck in their mean, bitter, head in the sand ways. No mention of political bent. Better? 

I object to the old men reference. 🙂

mQa is dead!