IGNORED

Unpopular opinion... I don't think Eric Clapton is very great.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If everybody ignores someone, does that mean s/he is canceled? Asking for a friend. 

You might want to have a talk with my wife and kids about that one.... ;)

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

13 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

All I need to know, right there. Probably best to go back to discussing whether USB cables have a sound or not. Welcome to my ignore list. 

Yup how does it feel to be a useful idiot. What is your claim to being woke? Watching a Spike Lee movie. LMAO. Stick to judging music as you suck in judging me. 

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Wow. That's your reaction?

No tricks involved. I specifically said I don't know if he is one. Didn't say that quote from 1976 proves anything.

Your two posts prove nothing about Clapton or about racism.

Again, a person can be a racist yet still have positive feelings towards exceptional individuals from the hated group.

There were Nazis who had favored Jewish individuals.

When I grew up in the Southern US, there were families who treated a Black domestic servant like one of the family and loved her, but were horrible racists and segregationists. They would even say racist things in front of the person and then say, "but not you".

The same kind of thing could possibly be true of Clapton. Not really sure what is so hard for you to understand here.

Or is it just that you can't help but turn any discussion of anything into a political argument?

Once again you cast aspersions with insidious comments with obvious implications so you can plausibly deny what you "meant". I get it as that is your style, but here in America unlike elsewhere, you are supposed to prove someone of what you claim rather than the individual prove he is innocent of what you accuse him of being. Doesn't always work that way BUT that is how it was framed by those now denigrated and dead old white males. 

1 hour ago, Priaptor said:

OH now there lies a metric that we can take solace in, people YOU know that had equally horrible periods in their lives. You have no idea just like I have no idea just how horrible places people find themselves in. 

No excuse for his comments BUT I will look at the man in totality rather than judge him superficially like you are for a single comment he made during a horrible period in his life. 

I can quote many more racist, anti-Semitic, misogynist and overall hateful speech from entertainers, newscasters, writers, Hollywooders, etc. who made such comments while straight than you can ever quote Clapton OR for that matter who has been a bigger proponent for the Black entertainer than Clapton. 

A "bigger proponent for the Black entertainer"? How about Bing Crosby?

SSH

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wait, you just judged him then told him to not judge you? Did I see that right?

Anyway, I'm listening to some great music right now. 

Chris the nice thing about digital is like Little House on the Prairie, when listening, you can personally cancel by fast forwarding, those parts you consider racist.

Just now, Priaptor said:

Chris the nice thing about digital is like Little House on the Prairie, when listening, you can personally cancel by fast forwarding, those parts you consider racist.

Yeah, but then I get the racist taste in my mouth and I want to puke. I just delete from my library. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

My mother knew Louis Armstrong. I only found out about this after she died. My mother worked as a bookkeeper at some of NYs Jazz spots and ultimately the Copa. Unbeknownst to me, he was partially raised by a Jewish guy in NO who spoke Yiddish and became fluent in Yiddish and would speak to my mother in Yiddish. Unfortunately my mother has passed and there is only one cousin I have that has an information on my mom's crazy past and her Jazz love which I never knew. 

This is a story I can get behind. Much more interesting than the headache causing stuff we've been discussing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Yeah, I agree. I am trying to get as much information from my cousin as she ages. Apparently my mother wasn't as innocent as I thought. Unfortunately she had a severe stroke at the age of 46 but lived until 79 and my father who has also passed took great care of her till the end.

ONLY after they both passed did I find out that my mom, from an early age of 16+, would travel in some dubious circles of Jewish Mafia types that had their tentacles in the NY entertainment industry and one of them she actually married and divorced a year later for cheating, which I only found out about years after her passing. Pretty shocking and verified with pictures from my cousin who has since shared them with me. Not sure if my dad ever knew or not as they only met after he returned from WWII and was working for Western Electric where my aunt introduced him to my mother. 

Divorce back in the late 30s was a Scarlett letter. 

My cousin is also interesting growing up in the Sheepshead Bay area in Brooklyn and dated Neil Sedaka and was introduced to the then in music group of the many great entertainers being spawned during those years. She actually introduced me to some great entertainment from the Village in those days for which I am eternally grateful. Her father also was the ONLY one who had a real stereo an old Fisher that got me into listening at a very young age. 

Fascinating stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

My mother knew Louis Armstrong. I only found out about this after she died. My mother worked as a bookkeeper at some of NYs Jazz spots and ultimately the Copa. Unbeknownst to me, he was partially raised by a Jewish guy in NO who spoke Yiddish and became fluent in Yiddish and would speak to my mother in Yiddish. Unfortunately my mother has passed and there is only one cousin I have that has an information on my mom's crazy past and her Jazz love which I never knew.

And the reason he wore, I believe, a star of David pendant his whole life.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

33 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Once again you cast aspersions with insidious comments with obvious implications so you can plausibly deny what you "meant". I get it as that is your style, but here in America unlike elsewhere, you are supposed to prove someone of what you claim rather than the individual prove he is innocent of what you accuse him of being. Doesn't always work that way BUT that is how it was framed by those now denigrated and dead old white males. 

No. You are totally wrong.

What's amazing about you - since you are obviously very intelligent - is that you seem to have zero ability to get outside of your own head. In every post you respond to, you put words into other people's mouths and change what they wrote. Apparently you are unable to simply read what someone else writes without filtering it through a process whereby it comes out tured into something else due to your own preconceptions. Your understanding is limited b/c you are constantly inventing meanings that aren't there. 

I write what I think. Your perception of it and what you think you know I "really meant" doesn't change it into something else and something I didn't write. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve always liked Clapton’s voice and lyrics better than his guitar playing. I know, call me a heretic :~)

Hmmm ... I never thought much about Clapton's voice but his guitar playing was on another level -- especially the timing; he earned the nickname Slowhand.

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I never understood that one. 

Band wants to be paid for its music. People get upset and destroy its physical discs.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

That they already paid for...

And made their mp3s from..B|

2 hours ago, Priaptor said:

Yeah, so Clapton makes an overtly racist statement during his drug, alcohol, etc. addicted days.  His best buddies were worried he was going to die. 

I'm addicted to tobacco and tea and I'm sometimes worried I might die one day and still I'm not racist.