IGNORED

Unpopular opinion... I don't think Eric Clapton is very great.

On 3/15/2021 at 2:08 PM, Bill Brown said:

Huh??

I guess he just "needs to read more closely". 😊

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

2 minutes ago, Allan F said:

I guess he just "needs to read more closely". 😊

Yes, I suppose so.  I was a little perplexed by the response, truthfully.

Thanks,

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

On 3/4/2021 at 2:22 AM, AudioDoctor said:

In fact, I find him boring, I don't hear anything special in his guitar playing, I have no idea why he is so famous, and his music is easy listening for aging boomers...

I feel the same about Pink Floyd. 🤔

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

12 minutes ago, Jud said:

If you approach them as friends around the fireside playing for fun on a cold and lonely evening, I think it helps get into the proper frame of mind.

With due respect, I'm pretty sure this is exactly what you said to me about Bob Dylan.  You must have witnessed a LOT of intimate, live music with *big* names performing in your youth.  🙂

31 minutes ago, Jud said:

If you approach them as friends around the fireside playing for fun on a cold and lonely evening, I think it helps get into the proper frame of mind.

Thanks for your suggestion, I think I know what you mean but I'm afraid might have heard music at the fireside too many times to buy it on any record or to attend kind of live mass fireside gig.. Don't think this will change my attitude to GD :) 

48 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

If you are part of The Woodstock Generation, you're way more likely to "get" The Dead.  I know lots of people who have been sober their whole lives who put their music on quite a pedestal.  While consumption of hallucinogenics was a cultural touchstone of The Dead, it's intellectually lazy to simply dismiss The Dead as "an acid band".

I was only being half serious...

No electron left behind.

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I was only being half serious...

@Samuel T Cogley What he's hiding under his avatar's mask is the fact that the other half of his face is never serious. In my case the not serious part of my face is more than 3/4, that's why I don't use my photo as an avatar - if I did - you'd see only the very top of my head, makes no sense to me ;)

12 hours ago, Jud said:

Terrapin is definitely a bit too smooth and boring IMO. I was lucky enough to start hearing them during the period of their two best (IMO) studio albums, Workingman's Dead and American Beauty.   The first three songs on the latter in particular are beautiful, friendly, welcoming.

Also from that period, the Europe '72 live album is a favorite, especially the Jack Straw through I Know You Rider sequence.

There is no reason to describe the rainbow to someone who is color blind...

5 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

There is no reason to describe the rainbow to someone who is color blind...

I am sure you've had the experience of turning friends on to music you like.  On the other hand, if they turn out not to like what you do, that's fine too.  "De gustibus non disputandum est" is Latin for a reason - this is a very old conversation.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is an interesting statement that I absolutely hate to agree with, but I do. When one weighs the pros and cons of using a real identity, it's a no brainer. One can only lose on social media, using a real identity. 

I have to agree with you here.

No electron left behind.