IGNORED

Unpopular opinion... I don't think Eric Clapton is very great.

12 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

AHH funny, I have a deposit on a GT3 as well. To me the best of the Porsches. I am now driving a Cayman GTS as I love the naturally aspirated (mid)engines (as I see you do too). I think IF I take delivery of the GT3 it will be my last sports car but that is what I said about the GTS I just took delivery on. LOL. Congrats. 

Well, if you know anyone who wants a great GT4 with some really nice mods, mine will probably be going up for sale this fall on either BringaTrailer or CarsandBids.

Do you have the GTS 4.0? I bet that's a really fun car to drive. My GT4 is a 2016 with a slightly hot rodded 3.8 liter engine and better gearing. I like to embarrass the GT3s at track days.

No electron left behind.

30 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

My point is - why judge either? People are entitled to sing about what ever they can. Material wealth has nothing to do with it.

I agree, let people do what they want to do, it  makes identifying them for what they are, easier.

No electron left behind.

5 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

My point is - why judge either? People are entitled to sing about what ever they can. Material wealth has nothing to do with it.

Encouraging people to think of common sense precautions to help save lives (wearing a face mask, minimizing interactions that carry a higher risk of transmission) as a police state taking away their freedom has the consequence that some of those lives are not saved. Promoting people dying gasping for breath is something artists are surely entitled to do, and something I feel entitled to judge as bad and therefore not to support financially. All quite simple, really.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

15 minutes ago, Jud said:

Encouraging people to think of common sense precautions to help save lives (wearing a face mask, minimizing interactions that carry a higher risk of transmission) as a police state taking away their freedom has the consequence that some of those lives are not saved. Promoting people dying gasping for breath is something artists are surely entitled to do, and something I feel entitled to judge as bad and therefore not to support financially. All quite simple, really.

It may seem simple to those who non-critically accepts the thesis that "masks (and lockdowns) save lives". You are free to do that, others are free to be not so sure or be critical about quite violently enforced measures. No reason to judge any of sides, imo.

46 minutes ago, Jud said:

Artist and those all knowing worshiped hollowood celebrities.

The Truth Is Out There

34 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

It may seem simple to those who non-critically accepts the thesis that "masks (and lockdowns) save lives". You are free to do that, others are free to be not so sure or be critical about quite violently enforced measures. No reason to judge any of sides, imo.

Who violently enforced your mask wearing?

Second, you're right. Masks don't work at all, Drs and Nurses just wear them for the hell of it...

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

Who violently enforced your mask wearing?

Second, you're right. Masks don't work at all, Drs and Nurses just wear them for the hell of it...

I have never seen my board certified immunologist wear one.  I guess he doesn't know any better after 40 years of practice, although, admittedly, none in public health.

He still maintains his own practice, so this is probably the reason he can do this.  Perhaps, he is just an outlier in so many ways.

31 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I see the mention of Yes and thought I’d lighten the mood with a tweet that nearly made me spit out my tea. Too funny. 

Yes, I agree, Yes got old. Genesis has always been old ex definitio..;)

24 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

But you wear it every time I see you! :D

5 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Because these two appeal largely to a certain age demographic that is one of the most vulnerable, so I see it as highly irresponsible of them. What are they getting out of it?

We have a good family friend in Dusseldorf (where my wife is from) who was always the most gregarious, jovial, and sweetest man in the room, 54 years old, who may end up spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair, speaking at a whisper, due to strokes form this invisible menace. Caught it at a hospital in Italy

Sorry, I am confused.  Do they not follow "common sense" measures in Italian hospitals?  Aren't masks and distancing part of the protocol?  Did your friend not follow the rules?

11 minutes ago, Kimo said:

Sorry, I am confused.  Do they not follow "common sense" measures in Italian hospitals?  Aren't masks and distancing part of the protocol?  Did your friend not follow the rules?

Kino you are heartless.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

I think we better stop talking about face mask and other COVID measures or thread will derail very quickly.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

20 minutes ago, Kimo said:

Of course they did/it is. But people are getting it because OTHERS aren't following the rules, en masse. And I'm not saying nobody would get it even if everyone on the planet did. It's extremely pernicious. People are getting it even though they followed the rules as best as they could. My point is we all need do our part. It's real and it's dangerous. And I don't see Taylor Swift or Beyonce doing anti-masking songs, just a couple of old crotchety dudes who happen to be most popular among baby boomers -  the demographic most vulnerable to dying from it. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

8 minutes ago, RickyV said:

I think we better stop talking about face mask and other COVID measures or thread will derail very quickly.

Way beyond that already! Anyway, we've made our point. It's just hard to let expressions like 'violent mask enforcement' pass in this day and age, and the whole point was just how awful Clapton is, and this latest from him proves it, IMO. But probably best to not waste any more time on it, as the attempted gaslighting will begin again soon....

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 minute ago, charlesphoto said:

Of course they did/it is. But people are getting it because OTHERS aren't following the rules, en masse. And I'm not saying nobody would get it even if everyone on the planet did. It's extremely pernicious. People are getting it even though they followed the rules as best as they could. My point is we all need do our part. It's real and it's dangerous. 

Mask wearing never was a panacea.  

If you are under 50, your greatest co-morbidity risk is obesity.  Yet, I don't see any push to address this.  Nothing.  Consequently, serious cases are higher in that group than they should be.  More hospitalizations.  More danger for people like your friend.  

I live in a solidly Trump voting state, and I don't recall seeing anyone not wearing a mask in public.  I guess I need to get out more.

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Because these two appeal largely to a certain age demographic that is one of the most vulnerable, so I see it as highly irresponsible of them. What are they getting out of it?

The most moving interview I've heard recently was from a nurse on the front lines NPR has kept checking back in on. Asked why she didn't want to consider herself a 'hero,' the nurse broke down. She said she just wants to do her job, and that if everybody else played the 'hero' - i.e. wearing masks, social distancing, etc - then she wouldn't have to be the one to try and save lives, which is in most cases too late with this virus.

We have a good family friend in Dusseldorf (where my wife is from) who was always the most gregarious, jovial, and sweetest man in the room, 54 years old, who may end up spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair, speaking at a whisper, due to strokes form this invisible menace. Caught it at a hospital in Italy where his girlfriend had to go for another medical emergency. He's not sitting in a country manor going on about 'violent' mask enforcement (not heard that one before) - no, after six weeks in the hospital he's sitting in a wheelchair, wondering just what the rest of his life is going to be.

Or how about one of my best friend's father who passed away last month from coronavirus? I could go on. At this point, if you don't know somebody who hasn't been affected by this, I'm just not sure what kind of rock you are living under. Yes, loss of jobs, schooling, strained family relationships etc are also tremendous hardships. But not seeing the grandparents for a year is better than never seeing them again. 

I don't see the point in defending or disapproving masks (or lockdowns). You believe in them, okay, I have nothing against your beliefs and I'm not going to convince you in ridiculousness of such. Someone else doesn't believe in the miraculous power of masks and lockdowns - again, I have nothing against it. I'm not going to point the finger at anyone or draw parallels between the content of the songs and the amount of wealth of this or that person.