IGNORED

Unpopular opinion... I don't think Eric Clapton is very great.

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi anti-lockdown talk stuff is pedestrian compared to his racism. I don't really follow him, and can only hope he has changed his ways. People make mistakes, I get it, but this was a bridge too far for me. 

I was not aware of this...  Wow.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, Priaptor said:

I can quote many more racist, anti-Semitic, misogynist and overall hateful speech from entertainers, newscasters, writers, Hollywooders, etc. who made such comments while straight than you can ever quote Clapton OR for that matter who has been a bigger proponent for the Black entertainer than Clapton. 

And guess who I also don't listen to anymore...

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You canceled him just like that?

Only joking. 

ha, I was afraid it could be taken that way. No, I did not mean Priaptor, I meant entertainers, which IMO includes newscasters, of any sort, for anything. But especially if they want to be racist jackasses.

and Super extra specially Liz Collins of WCCO who knew her husband was such a jackass she was SECRETLY married to him...  SHe can jump off a cliff for all I care, and take Bob Kroll with her.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, Priaptor said:

NOW on the other hand when people like Waters, Dwayne Wade, Lebron, Desean Jackson, Don Lemon, etc. make their overtly anti-Semitic comments on social media and TV with nothing spurring their comments like intoxication or any other inciting factor it is telling. 

I'll agree if they're doing that it says a lot about their character... But I don't pay any attention to them because they have zero effect on my life. Nothing spurred Clapton on to say those things though, either...

No electron left behind.

4 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Very cool. Yeah Chicago and NY back then have tons of stories written everywhere. The reason my mom was "connected" I found out was because my grandfather had this little luncheonette in downtown Brooklyn, which had pinball machines. Now you turned OVER the take from those things or you went out of business. My mother with her sisters and parents lived over the luncheonette and apparently that is how sordid past began. 

My Grandpa apparently just liked excitement. WW2 cured him of that I think, after that he became a normal hard working farmer for the rest of his very long life.

No electron left behind.

I wasn't really expecting this topic to go down this road. I did learn some things. I am still not convinced that Clapton is a guitar god. I am convinced though that he is famous for repackaging others materials for safer consumption by people who would never hear the originals.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

But that includes:

Neil Young

Rush

Corey Hart

Joni Mitchell

The Band

The Guess Who

Bryan Adams

The Tragically Hip

Saga

Arcade Fire

So many good artists from Canada, why is that? That list could keep growing.

No electron left behind.

My girls were talking about the mock election for kids that they participated in last year, while a couple guys were here working on the house. The girls were talking about the candidates in the ways you would expect a 6 and 8 year old to discuss these things, when one of them, we'll call him the dumber one, decided to pipe up and interject his thoughts into the discussion. That was put to a stop immediately and he and his co worker were told to pack their stuff and leave immediately.

My first thought after that was, does he make a habit of arguing with little kids about politics? Does he do this because he can't "win" an argument with an adult? Why not just do the job and keep your mouth shut, it would probably be better for business.  He did say he was going to sue me for violating his free speech rights...  So far, I haven't heard anything about a lawsuit... 

No electron left behind.