IGNORED

Denafrips Venus 2 & DDC?

Howdy all!

I've recently ordered a Denafrips Venus II to replace a Gustard x20 Pro DAC/Singxer SU-1 DDC combo.

I'm curious to understand if it would be worth keeping the Singxer SU-1 to connect to the Venus. 

I've made a number of upgrades to the SU-1:

installed an SBooster power supply module
- replaced the audio board voltage regulator with a Sparkos Labs Discrete Regulator
- replaced the 5 capacitors on the audio board with low ESR Panasonic ones
- installed an SR Orange Fuse

Has anyone paired a DDC with their Venus?

On 3/13/2021 at 4:04 AM, musicguy said:

If you can give updates on time of order and shipping.  I am looking at this dac also.  I have a singer su-6 now.

I placed the order on their website on March 1. This was during a 3 week holiday period so Alvin didn't reply back until March 11.

I had indicated I wanted a black unit and Alvin informed me that there was backlog of orders for the black units but if I wanted a silver one, it could be ready within a week. I opted for a silver one.

Today (Mar 16), I received a notice from DHL to expect the shipment to arrive on March 23. 

I will try the Venus both with and without my Singxer SU-1 and report back here.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, musicguy said:

Question.    Yes your Venus is better than your Gustardx20.  I have a Gustard x22.

At 3x the price.  Would you say its a HUGE jump in sound or maybe 20%

It was much greater than 20%. After upgrading my speakers (to Coherent Audio GR12’s), there was noticeable digital smear on some tracks (not all admittedly). There is none with the Venus.

How much of an improvement you will hear will depend on how highly resolving the rest of your system is, I suppose.