IGNORED

Potential New Equipment Purchase

MWB1957

On 3/2/2021 at 9:43 PM, MWB1957 said:

Thanks for your response cjf.

I have yet to purchase any of the equipment.  Your $2K cost estimate is accurate.  With the sale cost of some of the items, the cost is $1.6K. 

My DAP is a FiiO M11, which has a built in DAC.  My plan is to put all my vinyl and CD's on the two storage cards in the DAP. No plans to connect a TV.  It is already connected to its own soundbar.

If being un-tethered is your thing Kef's wireless LS50 system is quite popular, a jack of all trades for wireless connectivity

https://us.kef.com/ls50-wireless-2.html

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

23 hours ago, DuckToller said:

@MWB1957

I have noticed @davide256 has already mentioned the wonderful KEF LS50, which are a top choice especially if you look for SQ with WAF integrated, that's why they are also above 2k. ;-)...

One thing that caught my attention  on the new wireless KEF's is that they are using a class D amplifier for the bass driver and a class AB

amplifier for the coaxial tweeter.

This makes a lot of sense to me as a concept... bass frequencies are power gobblers which a class D amp can do cheaply  and our ears are more sensitive to harmonic issues in midrange and treble where a class AB amplifier is less challenging to do well with.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system