IGNORED

Allo Boss2 with Volumio

Hello, I've been able to setup the OLED install script successfully with Volumio 2.853 from the Allo website, however I'm seeing errors following the same instructions/process when trying to install on the latest version downloaded directly from Volumio (2.882).

The error is as follows: 

unable to execute 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc': No such file or directory

error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Cleaning up...
Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-melZSo/RPi.GPIO/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-5J5V6g-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-melZSo/RPi.GPIO
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log
***      Successfully Installed        ***

When rebooted the OLED shows a line for the volume, but the remote and control dial doesn't function.

15 hours ago, domether said:

Hello, I've been able to setup the OLED install script successfully with Volumio 2.853 from the Allo website, however I'm seeing errors following the same instructions/process when trying to install on the latest version downloaded directly from Volumio (2.882).

The error is as follows: 

unable to execute 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc': No such file or directory

error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Cleaning up...
Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-melZSo/RPi.GPIO/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-5J5V6g-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-melZSo/RPi.GPIO
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log
***      Successfully Installed        ***

When rebooted the OLED shows a line for the volume, but the remote and control dial doesn't function.

In volumio 2.882 some packages missing , due to that rpi.gpio not installing the new versions.

2.882 base image having issue, in gcc. So flash 2.873 and then update to 2.882 ,then it is working properly.

3 hours ago, Audio_Allo said:

So flash 2.873 and then update to 2.882 ,then it is working properly.

Success! I now have Boss2 running on Volumio 2.882 with the new Tidal Connect support.

Thanks for this help!