IGNORED

USBridge signature with Moode fails to boot

Hi - any advice would be appreciated. I've had a USBridge Signature with Shanti supply for a month or so. I'm using Moode.

The USBridge started to fail to boot about 10 days ago - the orange 'Act' light stayed on constantly and there was no life from it at all. I found that if I disconnected the USB-C power lead and reconnected it to the USBridge a few seconds later then it would boot. I therefore wondered if this was a problem arising due to the fact that it takes about a second for the Shanti output to hit 5V after it is turned on (I measured this using a multimeter) and this was upsetting the USBridge as it was powering up. For the last week or so I've therefore been turning the Shanti on whilst disconnected from the USBridge, then connecting it to the USBridge after a few seconds and that seemed to solve the problem.

However, that also failed today and I got the same constant orange 'Act' light and no response from the USBridge. However, as before, if I disconnected the power from the USBridge, waited a few seconds, then plugged it in again it did power up OK.

Many thanks for any light anyone can shed on why this might be happening. Does it sound like a fault with the power supply or the USBridge signature?

5 hours ago, RichardT said:

Hi - any advice would be appreciated. I've had a USBridge Signature with Shanti supply for a month or so. I'm using Moode.

The USBridge started to fail to boot about 10 days ago - the orange 'Act' light stayed on constantly and there was no life from it at all. I found that if I disconnected the USB-C power lead and reconnected it to the USBridge a few seconds later then it would boot. I therefore wondered if this was a problem arising due to the fact that it takes about a second for the Shanti output to hit 5V after it is turned on (I measured this using a multimeter) and this was upsetting the USBridge as it was powering up. For the last week or so I've therefore been turning the Shanti on whilst disconnected from the USBridge, then connecting it to the USBridge after a few seconds and that seemed to solve the problem.

However, that also failed today and I got the same constant orange 'Act' light and no response from the USBridge. However, as before, if I disconnected the power from the USBridge, waited a few seconds, then plugged it in again it did power up OK.

Many thanks for any light anyone can shed on why this might be happening. Does it sound like a fault with the power supply or the USBridge signature?

Forwarded PM please check