IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Podcast: Episode 8 | Music Photographer & Audiophile Charles Peterson Interview

55 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Thanks Chris! That was so much fun! I'll get the link out onto social today and post a few more pics here. I'm not super keen on listening to myself (who is?) so hopefully somebody else can chime in and tell me I didn't make a fool of myself! 

Best, CP

Thanks for spending so much time with me Charles!

No need to listen to yourself, you were terrific. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, JoshM said:

As a young PJ fan, I bought and obsessively studied the Place/Date book. Thank you for your work. It’s hard to capture the feeling of music visually, but you do it.

You're welcome. That was a fun book to do, though in the end I wish we could have made a few changes. But Eddie took seven months to give his feedback on the layout, which of course he did right before it had to go to pre-press. Damn rock stars! ;)

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Lance is an old buddy of mine - good for him! Funny story - when I was on tour with PJ in '96 a very excited fan came up to me after the show in Portugal and nervously asked me if I was Lance Mercer. Sorry, no, Charles Peterson I told him. He was like, ok, and walked away with a very disappointed look on his face...

Perhaps they know I'm a long time customer of Hawthorne, the Naim and used gear dealer that were up the street from them for decades when Definitive still had a showroom Seattle... ;)

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Saw PJ at the ACL Musicfest in 2009...now known as the "Mud Year"....15 inches (or so) of rain over 24 hours caused the base soil to ooze up through the grass at Zilker Park...Dillo Dirt FTW!!  (Dillo Dirt is sterilized wastewater solids that is used for base dirt).  That was a magical year: Them Crooked Vultures, The Dead Weather, and closed by PJ in front of 80,000 standing ankle deep in the mud.  PJ put on a great show. 

@charlesphoto any pictures from this show would be great!

They returned and closed Sunday night again in 2013 but this show was a bit lame...Eddie had a bit too much wine (i think two bottles of wine on stage) and forgot lyrics, etc...Thank goodness for Mike McCrary.  Did not help that Eminem closed Saturday night...I am not one for that brand of music but that was the most exciting, electric show I have seen in my many years at ACL.

I did see Eddie at Bass Music Hall during his Ukulele tour.  Show was opened by Glen Hansard.  That was an entertaining evening...regardless of the stone A$$hole who kept yelling out.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers