IGNORED

Internet blind comparison of two USB cables

pkane2001

Looking forward to the test.

I had an Oyaide Class S (silver) USB cable in-house for a couple of weeks, couldn't stand the overly bright sound in my system. I replaced it with a cheaper Oyaide Class A (copper) cable, which did the trick. I don't understand how someone would not be able to tell these two apart.

OTOH, I couldn't hear a difference between the Oyaide Class A and a Curious cable I acquired subsequently. Unfortunately, printer cables, of which I've tried many, don't compete with these, IME. I've never heard a Lush cable.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

1 minute ago, pkane2001 said:

That's what I'm hearing from others. If these differences are so obvious and audible, they shouldn't be hard to capture and to reproduce.

I have no doubt there is some compromise in the ADC conversion, but I expect not enough that some of us will still be able to tell the difference. I base this on ripping my LP collection using a Korg DS-DAC-10R. The vinyl sounded better, but it wasn't easy to tell the original from the 88/24 copy.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Please make sure the components are properly warmed up before recording.

Maybe these samplers would be useful. Well recorded 16/44.1 wave and hi-res, no copyright issues (the music is rather strange). 

https://www.marecordings.com/

From a previous experience, it would be nice to include some tracks that people might have in their collections, as a control.