IGNORED

Old newb struggles with HQPlayer

With regards of using Roon & HQP, Roon only needs to know where your music files are located (Settings > Storage) and where to send data (HQP). Roon does not need to know about anything downstream of HQP (i.e. uRendu and DAC). It is HQP that needs to know what is downstream (i.e. uRendu and DAC). In other words, Roon only talks to HQP and nothing beyond that. As such, uRendu needs to have the HQP NAA app active, not the Roon Ready app.

That said, you can use something like an iPad to control run as well as the volume control of HQP as a Roon command.

I continue my journey in my seemingly fruitless attempt to get music playing using HQP.

I've emailed Jussi and have sent him pics of my setup. It seems there are problems with Roon losing control over the audio device and, HQP crashes after being open for a period when I try to access the settings file. 

I also expect to see the Rendu in the signal path.

Again, I can see a file playing above the control area of Roon from my desktop. Of course there's no sound, just a graph indicator that there's an output to - nowhere.

0223212020b (2) - Copy.jpg

0224210840.jpg

Your Roon output looks fine.  Roon just knows that it is sending a stream to HQPlayer, Roon does not know if HQPlayer is outputting to a Rendu, or anything else.

So the issue more likely lies with HQPlayer settings, or the endpoint itself.  You can check what HQPlayer thinks it is connected to by checking what is in the "Device" box in at the top of the HQPlayer settings GUI.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

I tried playing a song from my local drive by loading it into the HQP interface. It won't play either. At bottom of HQP page I saw a "push to FIFO failed". 

Thanks for everyone's help here. Don't where to go with this. I was getting ready to build a music server for the HoloMay DAC using HQPlayer but I can't even get it to play a song. 

Need to start exploring other options.

So prior to HQP player, you were able to upsample 44.1K to DSD512 to your DAC? Yes/No?

I had the same dead playbar issue with Roon when I first tried setting it up as "localhost" in Roon. As mentioned previously, have you tried inputting the PC's IP address instead of "localhost". Do you know where to find the PC's IPaddress? That solved my issue. Have you tried that? Yes/No?

28 minutes ago, fmzip said:

So prior to HQP player, you were able to upsample 44.1K to DSD512 to your DAC? Yes/No?

I had the same dead playbar issue with Roon when I first tried setting it up as "localhost" in Roon. As mentioned previously, have you tried inputting the PC's IP address instead of "localhost". Do you know where to find the PC's IPaddress? That solved my issue. Have you tried that? Yes/No?

Yes and that's the way I have it setup, to my desktops local address.

I noted another error message that flashed up briefly inside HQP. "NAA output QOS functionality not available" or something like that.

28 minutes ago, fmzip said:

On 2/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, MichaelHiFi said:

I tried playing a song from my local drive by loading it into the HQP interface. It won't play either. At bottom of HQP page I saw a "push to FIFO failed". 

I've said many times that first get it playing standalone, without Rendu. With direct USB connection and without Roon. Then you can add Roon. If it still works you can consider adding Rendu.

It is impossible to troubleshoot things if you are trying to have all variables in place at the same time.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 hours ago, Miska said:

I've said many times that first get it playing standalone, without Rendu. With direct USB connection and without Roon. Then you can add Roon. If it still works you can consider adding Rendu.

It is impossible to troubleshoot things if you are trying to have all variables in place at the same time.

I've been evaluating power cables and just yesterday, an ethernet cable. Wish to do a write up on what I heard and I'm still processing the differences in characters. So many variables here to! The clarity and nuance I heard yesterday was jaw dropping. I'm looking at the Lindemann with even more respect and my former power cables with less respect 🤨

I'm not going to drag my desktop downstairs to test yet. Too much going on in this household. What I will do is have my son load HQPlayer on his laptop and go direct as you mentioned. And I got a new USB cable to evaluate as well so it should be interesting.