Hi,

I cannot create thread in allo forum, so I would like to require another allo's support here,

This morning, my allo katana cannot produce any sound, I use moode audio test file, but no sound from left and right channel.

I checked the output of aplay -l, here is,

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****                                                                                                                                                   
card 0: Katana [Allo Katana], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec.1-0030-0 []                                                                                           
  Subdevices: 1/1                                                                                                                                                                             
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

It looks like controller is still working. 

Fortunately, I have two katana output stage, thd and quality, so I replace thd stage with quality stage, and sound goes back. So It looks like thd stage is broken. But from the appearance, I cannot see anything is broken.

May I ask how can I get it repaired and how much of the service fee? Thanks. 

7 hours ago, peterq said:

Hi,

I cannot create thread in allo forum, so I would like to require another allo's support here,

This morning, my allo katana cannot produce any sound, I use moode audio test file, but no sound from left and right channel.

I checked the output of aplay -l, here is,

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****                                                                                                                                                   
card 0: Katana [Allo Katana], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec.1-0030-0 []                                                                                           
  Subdevices: 1/1                                                                                                                                                                             
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

It looks like controller is still working. 

Fortunately, I have two katana output stage, thd and quality, so I replace thd stage with quality stage, and sound goes back. So It looks like thd stage is broken. But from the appearance, I cannot see anything is broken.

May I ask how can I get it repaired and how much of the service fee? Thanks. 

Forwarded PM please check

7 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Sorry for OT but what is your best streamer/DAC for playing Tidal and Spotify? Thanks 

Depends on your DAC inputs.

If your DAC is having USB input means you can go with USBridge signature player.

1 minute ago, Audio_Allo said:

You can use any streamer ,depends on your DAC inputs.

If your DAC is having USB input means you can go with USBridge signature player.

Looking for streamer/DAC, all in one. 

I tried allo usbridge sig, digione and katana. To me, katana is the best solution since it’s small enough and sound really good and easy to use. I use shanti also.
I compared pi plus modius and pi with katana, it’s similar. 
Allo should make a steel case for katana without isolator.