IGNORED

Spotify announces HiFi music streaming

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rexp said:

Two problems with that:

1.Tidal has ruined so many files with mqa crap.

2. Spotify currently sounds crap.

So just buy CD's and albums.  And if you don't like them either...sell your stereo and stop torturing yourself. Lol

Spotify sounds decent to me and just a little under CD quality. All these streaming services like Apple and Tidal add spatial enhancements to the music which sometimes sounds great and other times artificial. 

On 10/19/2021 at 2:28 AM, HC515 said:

I'm almost thinking of boycotting Spotify Hifi when it does come out.  Can't believe we're in mid-October and they still haven't released it.  I gave up my Deezer Hifi back in April when I got a 2-month retry offer from Tidal.  Then I used another 3-month free trial with Deezer creating a different account.  I was sure by the end of those two free trials Spotify Hifi would be out but I was wrong.  Now I don't have any Hifi streaming music service and wondering what to do next.  I'd go with Amazon HD since it's the cheapest but I've moved to a RPi streamer and Amazon HD is not compatible with any RPi devices. 

Just buy Deezer or Qobuz by the month. Or buy a year and if Spotify comes out, wait a few months to join. You are talking about small differences in total outlay here among the various options. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HC515 said:

Must be Spotify is waiting for 12/31/21 to release hifi and meet their "later this year" promise 🤔

They announced that they will launch it in the future but no further details. So it might come in 2022 or 2023 or 2024 or 2025.......

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Spotify HiFi is under construction.

Chris, you are too optimistic! Under consideration and under construction is not the same. :)
They consider to construct it. :D

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
3 hours ago, loop7 said:

If it's still in development, why did they launch a marketing campaign nearly a year ago? What went south internally?

Most likely the announcement and quickly subsequent implementation of Apple Music’s HiFi included in the normal price as well as Amazon Music also including their HiFi and lowering the price to match. Spotify also had years prior when they could of done it especially since it has been requested from their customers for so long and was/now is their most requested feature and highly commented on. Internally? Most likely Spotify’s arrogance/stupidity.

7 hours ago, Stereo said:

Most likely the announcement and quickly subsequent implementation of Apple Music’s HiFi included in the normal price as well as Amazon Music also including their HiFi and lowering the price to match. Spotify also had years prior when they could of done it especially since it has been requested from their customers for so long and was/now is their most requested feature and highly commented on. Internally? Most likely Spotify’s arrogance/stupidity.

+1,

its has been "Under Consideration" since 2017.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

26 minutes ago, bogi said:

Try Deezer, it has large lossless library. https://developers.deezer.com/guidelines/countries

Or try Amazon Music.

I dropped Amazon HD because it will not stream via UPnP. I could only listen via Chromecast Audio, which is limited quality compared to my exaSound and SOtM network players. I believe I would have the same issue with Deezer.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.