IGNORED

Spotify announces HiFi music streaming

Spotify announces HiFi music streaming

attachment.php?attachmentid=947646&stc=1

Artists and fans have told us that sound quality is important to them. We agree, and that’s why today at Stream On we announced Spotify HiFi.

Beginning later this year, Premium subscribers in select markets will be able to upgrade their sound quality to Spotify HiFi and listen to their favorite songs the way artists intended.

Read on for five things you need to know about our new high-quality music experience:
  • High-quality music streaming is consistently one of the most requested new features by our users.
  • Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality, lossless audio format to your device and Spotify Connect-enabled speakers, which means fans will be able to experience more depth and clarity while enjoying their favorite tracks.
  • Ubiquity is at the core of everything we do at Spotify, and we’re working with some of the world’s biggest speaker manufacturers to make Spotify HiFi accessible to as many fans as possible through Spotify Connect.
  • HiFi will be coupled with Spotify’s seamless user experience, building on our commitment to make sure users can listen to the music they love in the way they want to enjoy it.
  • Spotify HiFi will begin rolling out in select markets later this year, and we will have more details to share soon.

Want to learn more? Listen as American singer-songwriter Billie Eilish and record producer FINNEAS speak about the importance of high-quality audio options for creators and fans: https://youtu.be/W07MvWbuWkI

For more information: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-02...ify-stream-on/

2 ch Setup:

Motorola Modem sb6141> Emo Systems EN-70HD > (5) eero > Synology 1813+ (DSM 6.2), 4TB Seagate NAS Drives, 4GB RAM & Zero Surge & APC XS BX1000G/backup to Synology DX513) > Roon > Topping D90 > BSS BLU 50 > (2) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Great news! I subscribe for music discovery, because I prefer Spotify to Tidal, and Quobuz isn’t available in Canada. 

EtherRegen > SonicTransporter i9 > opticalRendu > Ayre QX-5 DAC > Ayre KX-R Twenty Preamp > Ayre MX-R Twenty mono amps > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

This could be really bad news for Qobuz and Tidal. I think most users who care about SQ would prefer the giant Spotify catalog in CD to what the others offer in hi-res.

If it is, it could also force Roon to make a change in it's requirements for streaming integration in order to stay viable.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I think different CD quality choices is good for the consumer, bad for Record labels and Tidal maybe Qobuz too.

We shall see.

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Pioneer M-22 (winter) - Sony TA-N55ES (summer)

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and DiMarzio Interconnects

• 3 months later...

Any news on a release data or info on quality of the music? The MQA in Tidal is really good. Unfortunately right now I don't see one streaming service that provides all the artist I want for high streaming music.