IGNORED

Spotify at full CD resolution

MarkS

I have been anxiously waiting for this reality.  I stayed with Spotify because of their superior interface, dynamic content delivery (AI) and their connect and this is the icing!  Now I am curious to know the pricing which I would bet has to be cheaper than Tidal but more than Amazon HD maybe?

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

21 hours ago, audiobomber said:

...Spotify's pricing

No way Spotify will get into a pricing war with a technology behemoth such as Amazon but I would bet they undercut the other competitors.  My bet is $15.99 USD

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

... Qobuz is $14.99 / month and that gets you up to 24/192. It's less if you pay for a full year at a time as well.

In that case, I change my bet to $13.99 / month as most Spotify users would not care about anything more than CD quality and 24/192 is more marketing than audible reality.

The Spotify playlist algorithms, Connect functionality and UI blows away all others.  But there is definitely target segments that care about playlists versus 24/192 and it is great to have choices :)

I think $14.99 USD is what I am expecting to pay.  Anything more and I will be annoyed and anything less I will be ecstatic.  While stay-at-home is in effect, the Connect feature is very convenient to switch between office and living room.  Add in CD quality and WHAM! this is a dream come true for us  spotters!

One of the biggest questions I have been reading about is how much of the Spotify song catalog will be available in lossless.  Since most of the songs are already distributed to other services in lossless, there should be pretty good coverage.

• 1 month later...

Okay, its been over a month since the announcement! Still waiting (I know later this year) but I have been  playing Spotify almost 7/24 with the hopes their AI will say "send this Spotifyle the invite to Hi Fi".