IGNORED

GUSTARD X26PRO DAC - I2S DAC X GIESEMANN 10M MASTER CLOCK

Interesting to see such equipment on this site :-) Thanks for sharing.

This DAC seems to have some very interesting characteristics, ie a NOS mode, which is well suited to operate with HQPlayer, an external clock input and a seemingly nicely designed full discrete output stage.

The measurements made by 7audiolab.com (https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-gustard-x26-pro/) only briefly touch the subject of the external clock at the end of the test, showing a nearfield J-Test which compares two different cables when connecting the DAC to the Gustard C-18 10MHz clock.

Did you have the opportunity to make your own measurements of the impact of your Giesmann 10MHz Master Clocks when connected to such a DAC. Have you been able to show any measurable improvement, either in terms of THD+N, or in terms of J-Test ?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, R1200CL said:

So again, as with the SU-2, how is this external 10 MHz clock working ? 
Bypass totally internal clocks and the 10 MHz signal is feed to the Altera MAX II FPGA to create necessary frequencies ?

This is a good question :) I don't have the answer. You can ask on the forum which "Science" in the name. A guy from Gustard is answering questions there, and can be reached with @gustard. Although you might be informed that they have a strong cultural bias against 10 MHz clocks over there...

I can only share my own experience: this DAC offers a good implementation of 10 MHz clock signal, in the sense that the input of such a clock signal really is audible and favorable.

Just my 2c and my experience, on my system, with my ears :-)