IGNORED

PM Spam

AllanMarcus

Question

Just now, yamamoto2002 said:

@The Computer Audiophile Do you considering about recurrence prevention? For example, on new account creation, person should pass `entrance exam' of several audio related questions or something 😀

I tried that in the past and it failed to even slow down these guys. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

47 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I tried that in the past and it failed to even slow down these guys. 

Chris

If they are smart enough to do what they did, they will always find a way to beat the system.

All that you can do is what you have already done.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Chris

If they are smart enough to do what they did, they will always find a way to beat the system.

All that you can do is what you have already done.

Regards

Alex

Agree. It gets really crazy when trying to prevent a rogue nation state from doing whatever it wants. Anyway, I just made a major change to how users are created in the system and what rights they have as users without any posts versus users with at least one post. Also, as usual, users' first post has to be approved by me.

Fingers crossed I don't wake up Sunday am to another several thousand emails :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Wow, I haven't been here for ages (last time I was here, this site was called The Computer Audiophile - which made me scratch my head wondering if I was receiving spam or something), and today the PM spam message brought me back. 😅

Have to say PM spam is a pretty common annoyance especially on larger forums. Many thanks to the admin for cleaning this up so quickly, by the time I logged in to check, the message was gone.

Also wanted to comment, a lot of forums these days tend to have restrictions on new users, like not being able to post links or images until they have at least 10 or more posts, minimum time between each PM, and so on. I suppose the "first post needs approval" here works if the forum isn't too busy, compared to the more automated minimum-posts-to-do-anything-significant rule, but just throwing this suggestion on the table in case it may be useful.