IGNORED

Article: Editing File Tags The Easy Way With Mp3tag for Mac

I have a library of about 4000 songs accumulated over ten years.   Some were ripped using 2007 iTunes,  dbpoweramp, and vinyl studio.   I remember typing in all the tag data in iTunes for about 100 cds!!   ie a million typos.   dbpoweramp rips at the time didn't have the benefit of musicbrainz either early on.....more manual entires.    I have such a mish mash of tags and incorrect filenames that I didn't really dare to move outside a simple file directory structure in my music server.  

I only recently found a tag editor.   I saw mp3tag editor but was turned off by "mp3" unknowingly.  So I purchased meta from apple store which seems very similar.    I couldn't believe how many errors I had to correct in file names before I could start moving to fixing genre tags.  Example: Simon and Garfunkel vrs Simon & Garfunkel.   Beatles vrs The Beatles.   After that you can tailor genres to your liking.   To me ACDC is "loud rock"  and so I edited a new genre!   Now I'm hijacking the "album artist" tag to make my own groupings.   Anything you want.   I use it to create a genre subset.  An example is ROCK-HR, ROCK-CD and ROCK-P.    This allows me to drill down to resolution formats for each genre.   And its so easy and fast!

Best thing since sliced bread!

Cheers! 

Mac Mini 2007: 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo, 3 Gig RAM, 500 Gig 5400 RPM HD[br]OSX 10.6.6, TimeMachine Off, Airport Off, Dedicated to Music[br]HAGUSB USB-->S/PDIF[br]Players: Audirvana, ITunes[br]Music Library: RedBook 16/44 WAV[br]Bryston BP26DA Preamp/DAC[br]Bryston 3BSST Amp[br]B&W 804s Loudspeakers[br]