IGNORED

Blown away by APL DSD-SR MK2

Congratulations and welcome to the world of APL.

The DSD-MR and lately DSD-MR MKII has been the permanent and ultimate reference here for me during the last couple of years.

Alex at APL is also one of the most brilliant, supportive and generous people in the business.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

On 2/18/2021 at 4:26 AM, Pfay said:

I recently auditioned an APL DSD-SR MK2 with the help of Joel Alperson, APL’s U.S. distributor ([email protected]). I’ve had and heard quite a few DACs over the years but nothing like the DSD-SR MK2. WOW!

I certainly can’t improve upon Chris’ review, but I can say I enthusiastically agree with his findings. The DSD-SR MK2 is superb.

Of course, I wish I could test a half dozen or more high-end DACs side-by-side in my system to see which ones give me the biggest goose bumps, but I’m confident I’d be hard pressed to find any that hit the spot like the APL. I did manage a direct comparison to my Meitner and a friend’s Mytek; there was a big difference in the goose bump factor.

Needless to say, the DSD-SR MK2 is now the center of my digital universe — the most undigital digital I’ve ever heard.

Well done APL!

27BF823F-26E8-4F76-B54C-1B45687D0BF2.jpeg

So awesome... you’re killing me over here..   

So want to hear this DAC. I have been an APL DACs/Universal Player owner since 2003 & found it to be better than any other that I’ve heard: inclusive of the wonderful Meitner’s. I was lucky enough to visit Alex several times and hear a lot of his work. In addition, - i learned a lot during those visits.... We really miss Alex here in the Bay Area....