IGNORED

Great sounding system - $2K all in

Rexp

5 hours ago, botrytis said:

How do you deal with the room acoustics in a live setting? Many small Jazz clubs have some of the worst acoustics out there. So how do you deal with that affect.  Then there is the affect of the room acoustics and what microphones record. There are too many affects to say for sure that what you hear in a live setting is only the instrument.

Carry on :D

Again, because your mind automatically compensates - it does this all the time, where every sound you hear in your daily life. So, you could take a real piano, plunk it down in a variety of acoustics, from the very worst to the very best - and have it played. If you were there, you would instantly know it's a real instrument in action, you would zero doubts about that. Now, replace your ears on the spot, with a microphone, record. And only listen to those recordings. If the playback was of sufficient standard, then you would have the same sense of what you hear, as you did earlier, being there in person.

That's how it works - and why it's the goal. Making noises about the room, microphone, recording equipment, etc, are just excuses - to cover the fact that the replay is not of a good enough standard.

15 hours ago, kumakuma said:

If you've properly sorted out your rig, how the piano sounds in the recording doesn't matter. Your brain will flip that magic switch and your soul will be bathed in nothing but glorious music played by angels.

I will just do with the sounds of a real piano, played by a real person - for some strange reason, I find this satisfying 😉.

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

I will just do with the sounds of a real piano, played by a real person - for some strange reason, I find this satisfying 😉.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

5 hours ago, botrytis said:

Keep telling yourself that, and you may believe it. I do not. 

Spoken like a good RWD. Was just listening to a track from this album,

My Spanish Heart.jpg

up the road, one of the uptempo numbers - and we used it to diagnose a shortfall in the replay. The piano, and the very early synth instrument, were just wrong - resolved a power/connection issue - and then the sounds in the mix all came together ... any volume for listening was then possible.