IGNORED

Output SQ Limited by Browser

I have a new Allo Digione (NOT Signature) install to play Primephonic.com classical music streaming service through a Topping D50S DAC.  Primephonic does not support any media player and requires a browser web player.  I have tested both of their supported browsers: Chromium and Firefox.  In both cases, the output is at 16bit/44.1kHz. All changes to Pulseaudio configuration were of no effect.  I also tested usb output to the D50S DAC and obtained the same 16bit/44kHz output. It appears that this is a limitation imposed by the browsers. Am I missing something or does anyone have a configuration to match the source 24bit/192kHz through a web player?

Topping provides a Thesycon windows driver with sampling rates up to 24bit/384kHz accessible through Advanced Sound/Device Properties.  I was able to match the source material at 24bit/96kHZ in a Firefox web player on a windows machine.  So clearly a software configuration is possible.  Any ideas on how to configure the Raspberry Pi with Allo Digione hat or via usb? 

To further try to diagnose the problem, I am attempting to play a 32bit/192kHZ and a 32bitFLAC stereo music file on VLC 3.0.12 running on RPi4B/Linux raspberrypi 5.10.11-v7l+ #1399 SMP Thu Jan 28 12:09:48 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux  

The DAC is reporting 16bit/48kHz. Same results with a 32bit/96kHz FLAC file. I am using a Allo Digione Hat on the RPi4B with both SPIdf connection from the HAT and USB connection from the RPi4B to a Topping D50S DAC. Same results on either connection. The files reside on my desktop and VLC is the default player. There should not be any other app interfering and the problem is before the browser.

I made the following changes to /etc/pulse/daemon.conf

; avoid-resampling = true

; default-sampe-format = s32be

; default-sample-rate = 176400

; alternate-sample-rate = 192000

; default-sample-channels = 2

What am I missing to get VLC on a Rpi4B to play the source material bit depth and sample rate?

Thank you in advance for the help.