IGNORED

Windows 10 PC: output same audio to two USB audio devices (Denon AVRs)?

GlennS

I have done this with a MAC because the OS allows the creation of a virtual output device consisting of one or more real ones.  After that, I failed to do it on my Win10 machine but was told that it would be possible using ASIO4ALL.  After one weak attempt, I gave up due to insufficient motivation.  Someone with more motivation should work on this as it seems to have the needed tools.  There is probably other software in this category that I do not know about.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

1 hour ago, GlennS said:

No go.

The computer doesn't see the Denon AVR-X4700h when connected by USB, and the Denon doesn't see the computer, so the Denon cannot be used as a USB DAC.

I plug a USB thumb drive into the Denon and the Denon will see it and play music from it, but not the computer.

I am not surprised since your Denon is not configured for this.  Note that the Denon's connector is a USB-A and not the necessary USB-B.  It has nothing to do with th PC hardware or software.  From the Denon manual:

- USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub.
- It is not possible to use this unit by connecting the unit’s USB port to a PC via a USB cable.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile