IGNORED

R.I.P. Jazz legend Chick Corea

JoeWhip

Thanks for posting and thanks Chick for the music. His playing on Bitches Brew made him part of the most endurin soundtracks of my life. There are few, if any, artists I have heard more through more phases of my life. Ever since first hearing the recording as a teenager, listening constantly over the years and yet every time it was almost like hearing it for the first time. "Spanish Key" is probably my favourite piece of music of all time and he was a huge part of why.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/arts/music/chick-corea-dead.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Wow, another one bites the dust. A lot of the greats are leaving. Glad I got to see him a couple of times.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

I am glad to have been able to see him live.

Me too.  A few years ago at the Monterey Jazz Festival he looked full of energy.  There he was just hanging out with the festival goers having dinner at a picnic table.  And, of course, his performance was memorable.  Later, at the small airport folks wanted photos with him.  The guy must have been tired, but he was in good humor and went along with it.  And he was off to another gig!   Very sad to read this news...

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

As a result of his obituaries, I just found out about his first album, "Tone's for Joan's Bones", recorded in 1966. Really good Bop album.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I have seen Chick Corea 4 times in my life. It was a treat each and every time. One of the most memorable was the last time he toured with Return to Forever - Stanley Clark, Jean Luc Ponty, Chick, and 2 others.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

23 hours ago, botrytis said:

I have seen Chick Corea 4 times in my life. It was a treat each and every time. One of the most memorable was the last time he toured with Return to Forever - Stanley Clark, Jean Luc Ponty, Chick, and 2 others.

Man does that list of musicians bring back memories.  Last time I saw him was quite a few years ago in Dallas, with his Elektric Band and Dave Weckl.  But I did see him in the Return to Forever years too, with Stanley Clark, Al Di Meola, and Lenny White.