IGNORED

searching music on lumin u1 mini

@wklieHi, I am an new owner of lumin u1 mini. I have installed lumin app on android phone. At the start of lumin app I have connected to qnap file server. The music was found instantly but only via UpnP browsing which means that I can select, the file artist, the file song, the file album etc but I can not perform a search on the files of artist, song, album etc. Moreover, the music is not distributed among the following

• Song Title
  • Album Title
  • Artist
  • Composer (optional)
  • Genre
  • Year
  • Newest added to the server

Do I have to do anything else ?

thanks

Nikos

@stefano_mbp@wklieBut, if I disable QNAP DLNA Server then it would be impossible to watch photos or movies on the TV screen. On the other hand one of the QNAP apps is MinimServer. I will try to install and operate MinimServer and see if Lumin app finds the MinimServer. Yes, I have tagged all the albums properly via QNAP app.

15 minutes ago, nikolaos1969 said:

@stefano_mbp@wklieBut, if I disable QNAP DLNA Server then it would be impossible to watch photos or movies on the TV screen. On the other hand one of the QNAP apps is MinimServer. I will try to install and operate MinimServer and see if Lumin app finds the MinimServer. Yes, I have tagged all the albums properly via QNAP app.

Then leave the QNAP DLNA server enabled.

In Lumin app, choose the library to be MinimServer instead of the QNAP DLNA server.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I have disable the windows DLNA. After the installation of MinimServer app on QNAP server although MinimServer is discovered on Lumin app (2 sample albums) the MinimServer web page does not load. I have already send a message to Simon

@stefano_mbp@wklieI entered QNAP with the home IP - NOT via myqnapcloud because then you have to create port forwardring and that might be a little risky for safety reasons- and instantly accessed the web page of MinimServer, got the 30 days free trial and the library MinimServer on Lumin app was discovered immediately. The outcome was fantastic.  I use Samsung S8 which runs very very smooth the library.

Yes, during the free trial you can deactivate it and check the starter version and decide which one suits you best. I have connected lumin with cambridge audio cxa81 amp via usb supra cable. The dac of amp can decode up to DSD 256 native or DoP. On lumin app I can see only DSD 128.

Please invoke the Lumin app About function of U1 MINI.  There should be several lines of information about USB DAC.  Please post a screen capture or let me know the values.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead