IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Discussion

Why, oh why, oh why have they put the "Popular" section above the "Albums in my Library" section in Overview? I now have to scroll down to get to play something that I liked enough to buy rather than something that other people liked.

There's lots go good and clever stuff in there but some of the sign decisions make the simple job of playing your music harder.

How do you get dark mode back?

No way to revert to horizontal scrolling?

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Really wish the zones had labels on mobile. I can’t tell which zone I’m controlling by just seeing the speaker. Clicking to see the list is an extra step each time. 

5639A918-59F7-4D5E-A4EA-71EB53D14E11.png

Luckily my converter shows up with a converter style icon. But I do also have several speakers to get confused with. 

77A2E0F5-FF16-4674-AB47-C900BC150C26.png

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The more I use Roon 1.8, the more I think the future of applications is modularity. Roon is really powerful, but for one team to decide how thousands of people experience their music collections is a recipe for disaster. There's no way a single interface can please everyone. 

The best way I see is to allow consumers the ability to enable/disable modules within the app and rearrange where the modules are displayed. In a way, it's like a digital audio workstation. I can customize Logic Pro and its windows endlessly to my liking. It would be great to enable this for Roon. 

I run something that a lot of people use.

As more features are added it can be a bash to the ego when people want new bits bits hidden / removed! 

I respect an "all in" version. The "can I hide xyz" involves some Dev time. I known people here aren't pounding fists on tables - let's give them some time.  

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

3 hours ago, DuckToller said:

I assumed so, but how should I know objectively that it should be there ?
I think I'll try to restart everything ...

Someplace I saw a menu to make it always visible, or to hide it, etc... If I find it again i'll let you know where I am seeing it.

edit: It's right in Settings > General > Browsing preferences

No electron left behind.

8 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Someplace I saw a menu to make it always visible, or to hide it, etc... If I find it again i'll let you know where I am seeing it.

edit: It's right in Settings > General > Browsing preferences

this one ?
grafik.png

does hide the "purist" sidebar ... unfortunately no enhancement ... Thanks for caring my friend !
I have noticed it is about the machine language setting of the windows machine, sounds like there will be a fix on the way ...

28 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

this one ?
grafik.png

does hide the "purist" sidebar ... unfortunately no enhancement ... Thanks for caring my friend !
I have noticed it is about the machine language setting of the windows machine, sounds like there will be a fix on the way ...

That's the one, I have it set to yes and on my desktop it works well, if I make the window large enough it appears, if the window is smaller, it is under the same menu button it was before.

Ah, I see.

No electron left behind.

Ill throw in my gripes as well.

First is that the update was forced on me. I specifically leave the option to not update automatically turned off on both the Core and my mobile phone App. Earlier today I picked up my phone to change the Playlist and I noticed the new Roon Icon staring at me. 🤬

Then once I opened the App on my phone it wouldn't connect to the Core anymore until I updated the Core also.🤬

OK..so I update the Core and it starts working....for about an hour. Then as I sit here typing this I see another update showing up on the phone saying the Core needs another update. OK

I click update because what choice do I have at this point. NOW after that last update a few mins ago the remote can't find the Core at all anymore. Its been that way for 15mins now. 🤬🤬

MotherF$#=er! Guess I'll be watching TV tonight instead.

This is exactly the kind of shit that rubs me raw every time with these damn ham fisted forced updates. These guys don't even give the customer a chance to wait a few days to sit back and watch any potential carnage occur from the sidelines before diving right in. Were all just Beta testers apparently.

8 minutes ago, cjf said:

Update,

After blowing off the dust and hooking up a monitor keyboard/mouse to the Core 🤬 I was greeted with an OpenGL Error and a crashed Roon Core App. I had to clear the error and then proceeded to drop kick the Core (ie..reboot) and now it all seems to be working again.

These guys

Frustrating. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

22 hours ago, firedog said:

2. Search/Library: EXTREMELY slow for me. Did a search for "Abbey Road" and it took 70 seconds. Literally. Same thing when I open the program and have to wait for  all of the main page to appear. Edit: From what I read at the Roon forum, this may be due to severe overload on their servers b/c everyone is downloading and using the new program. So maybe it will clear up on it's own.

The slowness of search cleared up a few hours after conversion to 1.8. Now the next day, search is back to 'normal for Roon' speed.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA