IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Discussion

For the first few days I hated Version 1.8.  But it slowly dawned on me that what I was really hating was "CHANGE." So I forced myself to simply explore the new stuff rather than try to cling to the old.  The more I did that, the more I found things i really like about 1.8. 

Most of the positives are about new ways of exploring music I don't yet have in my Roon collection, but want there based on the new exploration tools.  

On the negatives, I'm relying on the histry of the Roon engineering team and their willingness to listen to us users (particularly the power users) and make ongoing incremental changes.  The fact that Roon works hard to positively integrate all of Tidal, Qobuz and HQPlayer rather than insisting on their own or their preferred choice shows an ongoing willingness to give us what we, as customers want, rather than serving us the easiest way for them to make money....

So be vocal about what can be improved.  I'm pretty sure they are actively listening!

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)