IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Discussion

I'm starting to feel like an old grumpy guy about version 1.8, but some things are just bugging me. For example, when is anything that's gray or grayed out the thing that's enabled or working? I'd say never. However, in the Roon Ready audio options, the gray items are the ones enabled and the white ones are disabled. Counterintuitive. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.23.34 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, cjf said:

Update,

After blowing off the dust and hooking up a monitor keyboard/mouse to the Core 🤬 I was greeted with an OpenGL Error and a crashed Roon Core App. I had to clear the error and then proceeded to drop kick the Core (ie..reboot) and now it all seems to be working again.

These guys

Frustrating. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, Foggie said:

Maybe the new interface sucks and everyone hates it and roon will go back to the drawing board, but I recall 1.7 having the same reception.  However, eventually "most" learned (would appear anyway) to really like it as evident with all the references to 1.7

Change is usually hard. Determining what’s not good versus what’s different can also be hard at first. 

Still no way to see a record label’s content available on Qobuz or Tidal, like we can through native streaming apps. I want to browse ECM releases, but have to use the Qobuz app to do it. 

Also, I wish record labels were consolidated in Roon. Especially those with only case sensitivity differences. Example, ecm, Ecm, and ECM. 

EE3BDD7D-4B85-4CF8-BA79-D12C4ED278CC.png

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MarkS said:

Sorry folks.  I tried to delete this post but couldn't. It is not a Roon error.  For some reason, my folder on my NAS is not available to mount.  I will try to figure it out, but it is some type user (me) error and not Roon.  I thought it was Roon because whatever happened to my folder happened at the same time I upgraded.

Sometimes you have to enter the domain after the NAS name. On many networks this is something like \\DS916.local\Music Folder Name