IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Discussion

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Really wish the zones had labels on mobile. I can’t tell which zone I’m controlling by just seeing the speaker. Clicking to see the list is an extra step each time. 

5639A918-59F7-4D5E-A4EA-71EB53D14E11.png

Luckily my converter shows up with a converter style icon. But I do also have several speakers to get confused with. 

77A2E0F5-FF16-4674-AB47-C900BC150C26.png

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The more I use Roon 1.8, the more I think the future of applications is modularity. Roon is really powerful, but for one team to decide how thousands of people experience their music collections is a recipe for disaster. There's no way a single interface can please everyone. 

The best way I see is to allow consumers the ability to enable/disable modules within the app and rearrange where the modules are displayed. In a way, it's like a digital audio workstation. I can customize Logic Pro and its windows endlessly to my liking. It would be great to enable this for Roon. 

I run something that a lot of people use.

As more features are added it can be a bash to the ego when people want new bits bits hidden / removed! 

I respect an "all in" version. The "can I hide xyz" involves some Dev time. I known people here aren't pounding fists on tables - let's give them some time.  

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health