IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Discussion

Impressions:

1. It looks nice.

2. Finding Classical works is much improved.

3. None of my bookmarked focus groups play. I can't seem to make new ones that work. Get an error message that the tracks are "unplayable". 

4. The Home page has way too much info and I'm not very interested in most of it. They need to have an option to hide sections you aren't interested in.

5. Agree with Chris that it's too much guessing to "figure out" what stuff is. Yes, have pop up explanations.

6. I activated the option for my albums to show the "Qobuz" and "Library" symbols. But on several on the views - say after a search- when you press on the "more" button to see all the results, the symbols disappear.  I don't like that. I want to see which albums are mine and which are from Qobuz.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

58 minutes ago, firedog said:

6. I activated the option for my albums to show the "Qobuz" and "Library" symbols. But on several on the views - say after a search- when you press on the "more" button to see all the results, the symbols disappear.  I don't like that. I want to see which albums are mine and which are from Qobuz.

in case you havent found it yet, and this was also an option in the previous version as well, but in Focus you can use Storage Location as one of the variables and Focus only on the songs from your local storage, Qobuz, or Tidal, etc...

No electron left behind.

56 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

in case you havent found it yet, and this was also an option in the previous version as well, but in Focus you can use Storage Location as one of the variables and Focus only on the songs from your local storage, Qobuz, or Tidal, etc...

Yes, I get that, but that isn't what I am talking about. The results of the search display both types of album. I want the "badges" for each type to appear, as I've requested in the album  display settings. They don't. I can't always remember whats in my collection and what's Qobuz. The badges should appear with all the different album displays, if that's what I setup in settings. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes, I get that, but that isn't what I am talking about. The results of the search display both types of album. I want the "badges" for each type to appear, as I've requested in the album  They don't. I can't always remember whats in my collection and what's Qobuz. The badges 

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Yes, I get that, but that isn't what I am talking about. The results of the search display both types of album. I want the "badges" for each type to appear, as I've requested in the album  They don't. I can't always remember whats in my collection and what's Qobuz. The badges 

Oh, I found that too, Settings > General > Browsing Preferences > Customize Album Display > and a window pops up, its in there.

No electron left behind.

I'm sorry if this is not a 1.8 Roon question, but maybe instead a general one, but hadn't really seen it before.  What is this "alternate character" followed by a number?

Roonalternate.png.fe58f60a1f8ea3df1cd7c657ac51c43e.png