IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Podcast: Episode 5 | Audio Research Interview

Love the connection between Audio Research and Magnepan.  Last year just before Covid19 hit here in Minnesota my friend who had worked for Magnepan was trying to set up a walking tour of both places for me to see.  He needed a new preamp and wanted to see what Gordon was up to.  So he thought maybe tour Magnepan first and see if Wendell was available to go over to Audio Research and tour that place and shoot the breeze.  I'd be happy just to be a fly on the wall for that day.  Anyways, it didn't pan out but is still in the works.  

My friend is an all analog guy and doesn't know a thing about digital audio.  I've tried to convert him but to avail.  His personally built Maggies are amazing sounding.  I guess, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Excellent interview Chris.

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

Last time I visited friends in Minnesota, I thought Kado no Mise was amazing for sushi in Minneapolis.

Moreover, why always sushi for Japanese food? Why not non-sushi for Japanese food, like Zen Box Izakaya...

Just saying.

Sadly I now live somewhere where I can’t get great fish. So my answer is steak. Sous vide my own steak. More money for audio...

Roon (convolution filter using Acourate) > ultraRendu > Peachtree X1 (Toslink) > Chord Hugo M-Scaler > Chord DAVE > Chord Etude > Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature + Sunfire TS-EQ10 subwoofers

20 minutes ago, ecwl said:

Last time I visited friends in Minnesota, I thought Kado no Mise was amazing for sushi in Minneapolis.

Moreover, why always sushi for Japanese food? Why not non-sushi for Japanese food, like Zen Box Izakaya...

Just saying.

Sadly I now live somewhere where I can’t get great fish. So my answer is steak. Sous vide my own steak. More money for audio...

Zen Box is great. They make their own mochi that’s far better than any other place in town. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

I have to admit when I used to live in Rochester, Minnesota around 15 years ago, I used to drive to Origami for sushi whenever I have a craving. The past few years I visited, I thought the restaurant closed but now I realized thanks to your podcast (and Google) that they’re still doing well and simply moved.

Next time I visit, perhaps I need to try Origami again for old times’ sake.

Roon (convolution filter using Acourate) > ultraRendu > Peachtree X1 (Toslink) > Chord Hugo M-Scaler > Chord DAVE > Chord Etude > Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature + Sunfire TS-EQ10 subwoofers

5 minutes ago, ecwl said:

I have to admit when I used to live in Rochester, Minnesota around 15 years ago, I used to drive to Origami for sushi whenever I have a craving. The past few years I visited, I thought the restaurant closed but now I realized thanks to your podcast (and Google) that they’re still doing well and simply moved.

Next time I visit, perhaps I need to try Origami again for old times’ sake.

Yeah, Origami moved to Uptown. I like the old location better (down the block from Bel Canto), but I’ll take any location that’s open :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast