IGNORED

Where to buy Farad 3 power supply if live in USA?

agladstone

I believe they ship worldwide everywhere where FedEx ships. At least it was with FedEx both times I had ordered from them.

Regarding the cable I ordered my second unit with Level 2 DC cable. Later on compared it to Audio Sensibility Signature Silver DC which was recommended by some users here on AS.

I found the Audio Sensibility Signature Silver DC allowing slightly more micro-dynamic sound on snare hits and clearly less grainy sound overall vs the Level 2.

I did the comparison JCAT USB XE as source component, powered with Farad 3. 

I have no experience on Mytek Brooklyn DAC so can't say to go one way sound wise. Although I think a DAC might not require that much of current capability but then again I am not familiar with the unit. Both PSU's probably are good choices to go with if current demands are met even with Farad3.

One thing to consider though is that if you were on a tight budget and might want to maximize your investment, JS-2's dual AND adjustable output voltage is a no-brainer here I think.

Economic area is another. You probably know better how this goes in the US but if I were to order something from the US to Finland(such as JS-2) it is practically impossible avoid additional customs and value added taxes. Even ordered from the UK dealer (now after Brexit) I think there would be double VAT included on it's price as the product is entering the UK economic area.

Farad3 is fixed to one certain voltage you choose and is a single rail unit only.

Sean Jacobs power supplies are highly regarded ones and would be also one option to consider especially now that there is a US dealer. I believe the price range goes a bit higher though with their DC3 power supply but you might want to check on that. @Nenon on the forum is affiliated with.